Android and Google have one of the most secure systems in terms of smartphone account authentications. However, because of its tight-knit security, it may sometimes backfire on its users.
If you get locked out of your own Google account and perform a reset, it’ll be hard to access your device since it requires your log-in info during startup.
Don’t worry, we got your back. In this article, we will be talking about a few ways on how you can recover your login info and a backup method if ever you are locked out of your Google account on your Android device.
Interested? Let’s get right into it!
Got Locked Out of Your Own Google Account on Android?
With so many accounts, usernames, and passwords for websites and devices alike, it's hard to keep track of all of them.
In some cases, you don’t even need to input your login credentials anymore since your Google account is automatically logged in when you boot your device, and Google logins can be used for multiple websites. This can result in you forgetting the password to your own Google account.
If this has happened to you, there is no need to worry about getting locked out forever. Google makes sure that there are ways to recover your account information in times like this.
Here are the methods on how you can recover your log-in details:
To Recover Your Google Account Username
A Google account username is the entire email address, which can sometimes be forgotten especially when dealing with multiple emails for work, school, and personal use.
This is what you should do if you forget your username:
Step 1. First, head to the Google sign-in page.
Step 2. Next, select “Forgot email?”.
Step 3. Here, you will be asked to enter either your recovery email address or phone number. Make sure to use the email addresses and phone numbers that were registered when you created the account.
Step 4. Next, Enter the name that was registered on your Google account that you are trying to recover, then click on Next.
Step 5. Then, Google will send a verification code to your recovery email address or phone number. Click Send to proceed.
Once this is done, Google will send you an email or text message that contains your username.
To Recover Your Google Account Password
More often than not, people tend to forget their passwords, especially since they are constantly being changed for security purposes.
The process of recovering a forgotten password is relatively similar to recovering a username.
Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1. First, head over to the Google sign-in page, enter your username, and click on Next.
Step 2. Next, click on “Forgot Password?”.
Step 3. At this point, you will be asked to enter the last password you can remember. If you cannot remember a single one, you can click on “Try another way.”
Step 4. Here, Google will send a verification code to your phone:
- If you don’t have a phone number registered, the verification code will be sent to your recovery email instead.
- If you cannot access either recovery method, you will be asked a few security questions. Answer as precisely as possible.
Step 5. Finally, once you have either entered the verification code or answered the security questions successfully, you will be asked to enter a new password.
Enter a new password that you can remember easily but is secure enough.
Hopefully, with the new password, you will be able to log in to your account easily without having to forget your own credentials in the future.
Failed to Recover the Login Details?
If you don’t have access to your recovery email and number and have forgotten the answers to the security questions, you’ll pretty much end up getting locked out of your device after a reset.
However, you can actually solve this problem by bypassing it using a third-party app like Unlockit. Unlockit is an app that allows you to bypass the FRP locks on your Samsung device.
This way, you can access your Samsung after a reset without having to log in to your Google account.
To use Unlockit, just follow these simple steps:
- First, download and install Unlockit onto your PC.
- Once installed, launch the app and connect the device to your PC.
- After that, click on Remove Google FRP Lock.
- Next, click on Start to confirm.
- Here, you will need to select the model and OS version of your device from the list shown on the screen.
- After that, click on OK.
- Finally, the app will guide you on what to do depending on the Android version of your device. Then, you will be able to remove the Google Lock.
The downside of this solution is that it costs money. It offers a yearly option of $39.95 and a one-month plan that goes for $29.95.
How to Avoid Getting Locked Out of Your Google Account
Once you’ve recovered your account, you must secure it in order to avoid getting locked out again in the future. Here are the things you must consider to secure your Google Account:
- Register recovery information. Recovery information such as recovery emails and phone numbers will help make resetting your password easier in the future. It avoids all the hassle and makes the process quicker on your part.
- Setting up various sign-in methods. You can enable signing in using your phone instead of a password to help you access your account without having to input your password.
- Write down your credentials. It may be an old-fashioned way of securing your account, but it is still one of the most effective. Keep the written info in a safe place where no one can take a peek at it.
Hopefully, with these methods, you can avoid getting locked out of your account again in the near future.
Getting locked out of your account is a hassle. If you just did a reset on your Android device, you will not be able to access your device unless you recover your Google account.
To solve this, you can try recovering your account details through recovery information such as emails, phone numbers, and security questions.
If all else fails, you can use third-party apps such as Unlockit to bypass the Google Account lock on your device. This will allow you to access your device without having to input your account credentials.
For any questions or comments on how to recover lost Google account details, hit us up in the comment section down below.