If you have an iPhone or iPad that is stuck on the iCloud Activation page, you may be in need of a program or service that can unlock the device.
You may find yourself in this situation if you reset or restart your iPhone only to find that you can’t remember the Apple ID password.
This may also happen if you purchase a second-hand iOS device only to find that it is still locked on to the previous owner’s iCloud account.
There are quite a number of free iCloud unlock services out there that claim to have the answer, but you will find that many don’t work as advertised.
Here, we show you how to protect yourself from these scammers and find the best unlock service to use.
Can I Use a Free iCloud Unlock Service?
Although there are many that claim to work, it is not a good idea to use a free service. Most of them are scams that carry malware and viruses designed to infect your computer and device.
The most reliable way to check the legitimacy of any tool is to check its official website. If you are unable to find an official website for the tool or a download link for the program, then it is most probably fake.
These free iCloud Activation tools will also ask you to provide information about you and your device.
We strongly advise against providing such information as it may be used to target you in the future with fraudulent activities.
Although free online iCloud lock removal tools may sound appealing, you expose yourself and your device to numerous risks when you use one of them.
These risks include the following:
- Malware and viruses that may harm your computer or device often come attached to these tools.
- You risk your private data and information being exposed to the world when you use a free online tool.
- You may be asked to pay additional hidden fees that you didn’t know about beforehand
- There is no guarantee that the online tool will unlock the device
How to Check If an Free Tool is Safe
You may be able to find out if the online tool you want to use is safe using a very simple, but effective method.
Simply click on the “Lock” icon just before the web address and Google Chrome will provide you with a security report of the site.
You can also search the review of the free iCloud unlock service on the internet to find out how the users talk about it.
If the site you are checking out is not safe and you would rather not use it, we recommend choosing the following iCloud Activation Lock Removal Services instead:
Alternative to Free iCloud Unlock Service
Unlockit Desktop iCloud Bypass Tool
If you find using online tools problematic and you don’t want to wait days or sometimes even weeks to unlock your iOS device, we recommend using Unlockit.
This is a powerful iCloud bypass tool that will unlock nearly all iOS devices in minutes. Since it is a desktop tool, you will be in control of the entire process and you will not need to provide any of your information to anyone.
The following are the program’s most useful features:
- It is compatible with all iPhones from iPhone 5s to iPhone X, running iOS 12.3 to 14.8
- The user interface is so easy to use, anyone can use it to unlock their device in minutes
- You can purchase a single license at a fixed price and each license comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here’s how you can use Unlockit to bypass iCloud Activation Lock on your iPhone or iPad:
Step 1: Download and install the program on your computer. Open it and click on “Bypass iCloud Activation Lock.”
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer. For best results, we recommend that you use the device’s original USB or lightning cable.
Step 3: To unlock the device, you will need to jailbreak it. Unlockit will help you jailbreak the iPhone step by step.
Step 4: Next, the program will begin unlocking your iOS device and will notify you when the process is complete.
AppleiPhoneUnlock Online iCloud Unlock Service
AppleiPhoneUnlock is one of the rare online tools that might actually work to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
It is popular among users because of its efficiency and has many high ratings from previous users.
But you may find that it is unable to unlock newer iPhone and iPad models.
The following are the main features to expect if you choose to use AppleiPhoneUnlock:
- This service will easily bypass iCloud Activation Lock and delete the iPhone or iPad from the previous iCloud account, allowing you to use your own account.
- Once you provide the IMEI number of the device and pay for the service, you only need to wait 72 hours for the device to be unlocked.
- It supports iPhone 7 or earlier models running iOS 13 or earlier
- You will have to pay $28 in advance before the unlocking process can begin
There are a lot of online services that claim they can unlock an iPhone or iPad, but many either don’t work or are just a ploy to get your personal information.
You should be very careful when using any iCloud unlocking tool online to avoid falling victim to these scammers.
Fortunately, a desktop unlocking tool like Unlockit can put the process back in your hands, allowing you to unlock your own device.