iPhone 12 getting stuck on a black screen with a little spinning wheel is a common (yet frustrating) problem.
People who updated their iPhone 12 to iOS 15 can get a different screen which contains an Apple logo along with the spinning wheel.
If your iPhone 12 is stuck on the black screen with spinning wheel and refuses to move further, you have come to the right place.
Why Does My iPhone 12 Have a Black Screen with a Loading Symbol?
Several iPhone 12 users see their device displaying a loading screen or spinning wheel when they attempt to restore to factory settings, update to a new iOS version, reboot the handset as usual, or restore an old backup to their new iPhone 12.
Although the issue sometimes occurs without any reason, it’s mostly due to software glitches. More than 90% of the cases arise from software-related bugs.
Fortunately, there are ways to address the problem without having to take your device to the repair shop.
Steps to Resolve iPhone 12 Black Screen Spinning Wheel Problem
1. Force Restart iPhone 12
If the iPhone is presenting performance issues, apps are crashing, or something is frozen, it is generally a good idea to force restart the device.
The problem is similar in our case, so we recommend that you restart your iPhone to remove the spinning wheel screen. Here is how you can do it:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Keep pressing and holding the Home button until you see the Apple logo flashing. Now turn the device on using the side button.
2. Use an Advanced Tool to Fix iPhone 12 Black Screen
If the forced restart option does not work and your device keeps showing the black screen with a spinning wheel, you can try solving the problem with TinyFix.
It is an advanced tool that specifically caters to the spinning wheel issue while helping you secure your data and files.
It can also solve other iOS issues like mosaics, but iPhone also stuck on charging screen, phone crashes during an update, etc.
Here is how you can use TinyFix to solve the spinning wheel issue on your iPhone:
- Download, install and launch TinyFix on your computer.
- Choose Standard Mode from the iOS System Repair Feature and connect your device to the computer.
- Download firmware to update your device. Choose a version you want and then click on download.
- Click Fix once the firmware is downloaded on your phone. This step will initiate automatic fixing.
- Your iPhone will start working normally after the update is successfully installed.
This method has worked for many people who want to fix the spinning wheel issue on their phones.
3. Restore iPhone 12 to Factory Settings using iTunes
To save your iPhone from bugs and malfunctioning, you can restore it to factory settings with the help of iTunes.
If you updated the iPhone, it is possible that a bug is causing the phone to act up and keep restarting after the update.
Before you restore the iPhone, it is essential to backup your data and secure it. Follow these steps to continue:
- Connect the phone to your computer with the help of a USB cable
- Open iTunes
- iTunes will take a little time to recognize your phone. Select your phone once it is done
- Click on Summary > Choose Restore
- Confirm restoration by entering your phone’s password
4. Recovery Mode Restore iPhone 12
If the previous solutions do not work for you and your iPhone keeps showing the spinning wheel screen, then you can try the next step.
It is a more advanced solution, where you send the phone into Recovery mode with the help of iTunes:
- Connect the phone to PC and open iTunes
- When iTunes recognizes your phone, perform a forced reboot on the phone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the phone shows the ‘Connect to iTunes’ screen. Do not let go of the power button when the Apple logo appears, and then the iTunes logo will appear with a lightning cable sign
- When Connect to iTunes screen appears, you will see the option to restore or update on iTunes.
Select any of these options and the device will take 20 to 30 minutes to complete the chosen process
5. Contact Apple Support
If the problem persists and you have tried all steps mentioned above, then the best course of action is to contact Apple support.
Let them take the lead. Apple provides great service for all types of problems, so this should help you get your device back on track.
Sometimes, people face such iPhone 12 issues due to a hardware problem. There may be some loose connections that lead to a faulty phone.
You can hand over your phone to the Apple Store for big hardware issues and get an exchange or avail company warranty.
For software-induced lags, tools like TinyFix should be able to help get your iPhone 12 past the black screen. Goodluck!