As reliable as the iPhone XR can be sometimes it can experience system errors that may cause the device to get stuck on the Apple Logo.
This problem is often characterized by the iPhone failing to move past the home screen and it can often feel like the device is broken beyond repair.
The good news is, this is a fairly common problem that can be easily fixed. In fact, one or more of the solutions below should be able to help you if your iPhone XR is stuck on the Apple logo.
What Causes the iPhone XR Stuck on the Apple Logo?
Before we get to the solutions, it may be helpful to look at some of the reasons why your iPhone XR may be stuck on the Apple Logo. They include the following:
- Errors when updating the device to the latest version of iOS
- A jailbreak that didn’t quite go according to plan
- Running an outdated or expired beta version of iOS
- Errors that can occur when transferring data from an older device to a new one
- Damage to the device’s hardware components
Regardless of the causes of this problem, the following solutions should be able to help:
Force Restart iPhone XR (Must-Try)
The first solution to try when an iPhone is stuck on the Apple Logo is a forced restart. This is a common way to reset the device and clear out any system errors and rogue apps that may be causing the problem. Here’s how to force restart and iPhone XR:
- Step 1: Press the Volume Up button and quickly release it.
- Step 2: Press the Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- Step 3: Then press and hold the Power (Side) button until the device restarts.
Use an iOS System Repair Tool (Must-Try)
If the device is still stuck on the Apple Logo even after a forced restart, you can try to use TinyFix iOS System Repair. This is a program designed to fix the most common iOS errors including a device that is stuck on the Apple Logo.
It is very easy to use: just install it to your computer from its main website and then follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Run TinyFix iOS System Repair and connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cable. In the main window, click on “iOS System Repair.”
Step 2: Select the “Standard Repair” in the next window to try to fix the problem without losing data.
Step 3: In the next screen, click on the “Download” button to start downloading the necessary firmware to repair the device.
Step 4: When the download is complete, click on “Fix Now” and the program will begin fixing the device.
Restore iPhone XR in iTunes/Finder (Standard Restore)
If the problem started after an iOS update, restoring the iPhone in iTunes is a good way to fix the problem. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and connect the iPhone to the computer using its original lightning cable. If prompted, tap on “Trust” to “Trust this Computer”.
- Step 2: When the iPhone shows up in iTunes, click on its icon to select it.
- Step 3: Choose the “Restore iPhone” option in iTunes.
- Step 4: Click “Restore” again to confirm and iTunes will erase all data and settings on the device, before installing the latest firmware on the device.
- Step 5: Choose the latest backup and then click “Restore” to confirm.
Wait for the process to be completed and ensure the iPhone remains connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Restore iPhone XR in Recovery Mode (If Standard Restore Fails)
If a simple restore doesn’t work to fix the problem, we recommend putting the device in recovery mode before restoring it in iTunes. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer using its original USB or lightning cable and then open iTunes on your PC.
- Step 2: With the device connected to the computer, press and quickly release the Volume up key, press and release the Volume Down key.
- Step 3: Then press and hold the Side Button until you see the recovery mode screen appear on the screen.
- Step 4: On your computer, you should see a message saying that the device is in recovery mode and you need to update or restore it. Select “Restore” to delete all data and settings on the device and restore the iOS.
Restore iPhone XR in DFU Mode (If Recovery Mode Fails)
DFU Mode should be the last option, only to be used when all other options fail. It is the most effective solution if the level of data corruption interfering with the system is major. You should however avoid using DFU mode if the device has suffered any kind of physical or liquid damage.
Here’s how to restore tour iPhone XR in DFU Mode:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer and then open iTunes or Finder.
- Step 2: With the device connected, press and release the Volume Up button.
- Step 3: Then press and release the Volume Down button.
- Step 4: Press the Side button until the device’s screen goes black.
- Step 5: Continue to hold the Side button and the press and hold the Volume Down button. Keep holding both buttons for 5 seconds.
- Step 6: Release the Side button, but continue to hold the Volume Down button for another 10 seconds.
Release the button when the device appears in iTunes. Your device is now in DFU mode and you can follow the instructions in iTunes to restore the device.
iPhone XR Still Stuck on Apple Logo?
If DFU mode doesn’t work, it could be a hardware issue. In this case, there is nothing to do other than contact Apple Support to find out the various options available for you. You can call Apple support, email them or visit your local Apple Store for further assistance.
The solutions above should be able to help you repair an iPhone XR that is stuck on the Apple logo. Once you get the device working normally again, we recommend backing up all the data on your device before attempting to update the iOS. This will ensure that all your data will remain intact if the problem occurs again and you need to restore it.