Nowadays, a lot of company-provided devices are being monitored through Mobile Device Management apps or MDMs.
They allow higher-ups to manage, monitor and configure the devices that are being used by their workers. This keeps things organized and efficient while keeping the collected data safe and protected.
This is all well and good from a managerial perspective, but these devices now have limited features due to the MDM locks installed in their software.
This is to ensure that the devices are used solely for work-related activities. To get through the MDM locks, you can either consult your IT department, or do it yourself using a MDM removal tool.
We made a list of some of the best iPhone MDM removal apps that can help you get rid of the MDM locks on your device. Let’s begin.
If you are new to bypassing MDM locks, Unlockit is the best software for you. It has a user-friendly interface, so you won't need an expert to remove the MDM lock on your device using this tool. It only takes a few minutes!
To remove the MDM lock on your device using Unlockit, make sure your device is in the Remote Management lock screen, and follow these simple steps:
Step 1. First, on your PC, download and install Unlockit.
Step 2. Run the app and then select the Bypass MDM Lock unlock mode on the main interface.
Step 3. Once that’s done, connect your device to the PC using a USB cable. Double check if the Remote Management lock screen is shown.
Step 4. Now, start the bypassing process by clicking Start on your PC.
Step 5. Finally, wait for the software to finish the process. You can start using your device when it's done!
If you've done all the steps, then the app should now be doing the rest of the work for you. You can start using your device freely.
Just remember that this will only work if your phone is showing the Remote Management lock screen. For this to happen, the device has to be new or newly reset.
iActivate is another iPhone MDM lock removal software designed to bypass MDM locks. It can remove the MDM configuration profile on any iOS system.
It’s pretty easy to use and won't require you to reset your device, making it convenient on your end.
Here are the steps you need to follow to use iActivate:
- First, head to your device's Settings and turn Find My iPhone off.
- Next, head to your PC and open https://iactivate.host/.
- Once there, order MDM Bypass Service and download the software.
- Before moving on, connect your iPhone to iTunes on your PC.
- Click on Trust this Computer on your device if asked.
- Now, run the app and you should see the details of your device on the screen.
- Finally, click on Start MDM Bypass.
Your device should reboot after the bypassing process. You can now use your device normally after connecting to the Wi-Fi.
Another app that is easy to use is 3uTools. What makes this app different, however, is that you can do much more than bypass MDM locks. You can use it for jailbreaking, flashing, and data management, as well.
However, take note that 3uTools doesn't support systems above ios 14.0 currently, and if you reset your iPhone again, then the MDM lock will appear again.
To use 3uTools, all you have to do is follow these few steps:
- First, make sure your phone has been reset.
- Once it has been reset, set up the time, region and language.
- Now, click on Set Up Manually and choose the preferred Wi-Fi network.
- Next, check if your phone is in the Remote Management lock screen. Do not move on to the next step if it isn’t.
- After that, boot up your PC and head to the http://www.3u.com/ to download and install the app.
- Launch the app and connect your iPhone to your PC through a USB cable.
- As soon as it is connected, wait for the app to recognize your device. Its details should appear on your screen.
- Next, click on Toolbox found at the top portion of the screen and select Skip MDM Lock.
- Finally, you should see a confirmation window pop-up. Select Skip Set-up Assistant.
Once you see the pop-up window confirming the success of the process, you’re good to go. Your iPhone should restart to normal and you will be free to use it as you please.
As mentioned earlier, 3uTool can also be used for other purposes so if you are looking for a multi-functional tool, this is the app for you.
Fiddler provides a more detailed approach in bypassing MDM locks. Thus, it isn’t as easy to use compared to the other tools mentioned above, but it does give you a more in-depth look of the process.
If you are new to bypassing MDM locks, then maybe don't try this just yet.
Fiddler also only works on iOS 11 and its updated versions. If this is true of your device, then proceed to following these steps:
- First, head to Fiddler’s website and install the app onto your PC.
- In the meantime, connect your iPhone to iTunes on your PC.
- Once connected, open iTunes and click on Restore to reset your iPhone.
- After that, launch the Fiddler app.
- Next, click on Tools which can be found at the top portion of your screen.
- A drop-down list should appear. Here, you should select Options.
- Now, click on the HTTPS tab and check the “Capture HTTPS Connect” option and then click on OK.
- After that, check the WinConfig log on the left side of the screen and look for “albert.apple.com”. Click on it.
- A yellow button should appear on the right side of your screen saying “Response body is encoded. Click to decode.”. Click on that as well.
- Next, look for TextView at the bottom portion of your screen, search for the line “Flag = 1”. Change the value to 0.
- Finally, click on the green button that says “Run to Completion”.
Once you’ve done all of these, you’re good to go.
After reading through this list, you should now be able to remove the MDM lock from your device.
However, you should also be aware of the possible risks that come with it, especially from a managerial standpoint.
If you've acknowledged those risks, and deemed them worth it, then go right ahead.
Download the MDM bypass app you think is easier for you to use, and go from there. There are plenty to choose from, such as Unlockit, iActivate, and 3uTool.
Your choice will ultimately boil down to preference. If you have any questions, comments or queries, feel free to shoot us a comment down below.