Pokémon Legends Arceus is one of the most recent additions to the mainline game series of the Pokémon franchise. It offers an almost open-world map that allows you to move around freely and catch various Pokémon.
The game is set hundreds of years before Pokémon Diamond and Pearl when the Sinnoh region was still known as Hisui.
Of course, as the title suggests, one of the main Pokémon in the game is Arceus. However, although it is tagged as one of the main Pokémon, it is not that easy to catch.
This article will talk about what Arceus is and how you can catch it in the game.
Want to know more? Read on.
What is Arceus in Pokémon GO?
If you have been playing Pokémon for a long time now, you most probably know who Arceus is. According to Pokémon lore, Arceus is the Pokémon that created Sinnoh and possibly the entire Pokémon universe. Basically, if the Pokémon world had a religion, Arceus would be its god.
Arceus is known as “The Original One”. According to Bulbapedia, it is described as a white equine Pokémon that looks like a centaur with a gray, vertically-striated underside.
Being a Legendary Pokémon means that it is extremely powerful and rare, making it an attractive but challenging Pokémon to catch.
What Do You Need To Catch Arceus in Pokémon Legends Arceus?
Now that you're more familiar with the Pokémon god itself, let’s talk about how you can fit it into a tiny Pokéball. Capturing Arceus is basically the final main mission of the game.
Thus, you have to accomplish all of the prerequisite quests before attempting to do this. Aside from the quests, you also have to do the following:
Obtain the Azure Flute
You can obtain Azure Flute after completing Quest 26 of the game, which involves Pokemon Giratina and Volo. Quest 26 is dubbed as one of the most challenging stages in the game.
Capture all 237 of Hisui’s Main Pokémon
Registering all 237 main Pokémon into your Pokédex will not be enough. You have to actually capture them for you to qualify to catch Arceus. The main Pokémon do not include Phione, Darkrai, Manaphy, and Shaymin.
Once all the above requirements are met, you will then be allowed to catch Arceus. But you must come prepared. Here are some of the things you might need to consider before encountering the creator of the Pokémon universe:
- Come prepared with a strong Pokémon. Pokémon can help weaken Arceus, which will help you catch it.
- Remember to be patient. Arceus is strong, and you’ll easily get knocked out if you get reckless and go for it head-on.
- Last but not the least, don’t forget to save. This would make things easier for you to restart if ever you end up failing in the first attempt.
Following these tips and recommendations, you can now confidently head to Mount Coronet and catch Arceus.
How to Catch Arceus in Pokémon GO
Now that you are ready and prepared, let’s talk about how you can encounter Arceus. Again, the process won’t be easy, so expect a few retries every now and then.
Here are the steps on how to capture Arceus:
- First, complete the prerequisites.
- Once all requirements are met, head to the Sinnoh Temple which is located on top of Mount Coronet.
- Once you’re there, play your Azure flute. A staircase should appear, leading you to a place in the sky.
- Now, travel up the staircase.
- At the top, you should meet the Creation Pokémon itself and have your chance to face off against it.
Arceus is set at Level 75, so fighting it won't be a walk in the park. Luckily for you, we've got a few tips to help you catch it. Here are the things you should know:
- You can dodge the light rings by pressing B when they are close to grazing you. Remember, five hits from Arceus will knock you out, so you have to take in as few hits as possible.
- Always pay attention to the ZL button to adjust the camera.
- Launch the Balms with the ZR button.
- Once Arceus is knocked out, cast a Pokémon right away to weaken it further and leave it confused. This is an opportunity to throw Balms at it.
With all these being said, it is still up to you to decide how to approach the encounter as different players have different play styles and strategies.
Arceus is the final boss of Pokémon Legends Arceus, and it goes without saying that catching it won't be easy.
But before encountering the Creation Pokémon, you have to comply with all the prerequisites first. This involves catching all the 237 main Pokémon in the game and acquiring the Azure flute.
Once all the requirements have been met, you can then encounter Arceus at Mount Coronet. It will be hard but totally doable. Catching Arceus will be the perfect ending to a wonderful game.
If you have any comments or queries about catching Arceus, feel free to comment down below.