It is estimated that your iOS device can share your location with others or services that you are using more than 14,000 times a day. That is a lot of people and services that can know where you are at any given time.
But while sharing your location can be important for certain services, most people find that it is a violation of their privacy to share their location all the time and with everyone.
So, how can you stop your device from sharing your location with others without them knowing? This guide will share with you some of the best ways to stop your device from sharing your location.
1. Use iOS GPS Spoofer Tool to Change iPhone Location
One of the best ways you can keep other people from knowing your actual location is to change the GPS location on your device to a fake one. There are a number of apps that you can choose to change your location, allowing you to continue using your device without having to turn off the location completely which can limit the functionality of the device.
The best of these apps is MockGo. This app is a desktop-solution, so you will not need to install any apps on the device or even jailbreak it. This makes is a much safer option that many of the other solutions in the market.
Follow these simple steps to use MockGo to change the location on your iOS device;
Step 1: Download MockGo from the program’s main website and install it on to your device. Open it and click on the “Start” button in the main window to begin the process.
Step 2: Connect the iOS device to the computer using USB cables and when prompted, tap “Trust.” This will allow a complete connection between the device and the computer.
Step 3: In MockGo, select “Teleport” icon (the third option from the icons on the top-right side) and enter the new location that you would like to use. With the location selected, click on the “Move Here” button and your device’s location will change to the selected location immediately.
2. Put Your iPhone in Airplane Mode
Putting your iPhone in Airplane Mode will not just turn off location services, but it will also turn off all connections. This means that you will not be able to get any calls or messages as long as the device remains in Airplane Mode.
It is a good solution when you want to be completely muted; perfect for when you’re in a business meeting and you don’t want others to get a hold of you.
There are two ways to put your device in Airplane mode;
From the Home Screen and Lock Screen
- Step 1: Swipe up from the lock screen or lock screen to open the Control Panel
- Step 2: You should see the Airplane icon in the top box. Tap on it to enable Airplane Mode
From the Settings App
- Step 1: Open the Settings on your iOS device
- Step 2: You should see the Airplane Mode icon on the top block. Tap on the switch next to it to turn it on and Airplane Mode will be enabled
3. Turn Your iPhone’s Share My Location Feature Off
If you don’t want others to know where you are, you need to turn off the “Share My Location” feature. Follow these simple steps to do it;
- Step 1: Open the Settings App on your device and scroll down to tap on “Privacy”
- Step 2: In the Privacy Settings, tap on “Location Services” to open it
- Step 3: Tap on “Share My Location” and then turn off the toggle next to “My Location” to turn off this feature
4. Turn off Location Sharing in Find My App
If you have been using the Find my App to share your location with your family and friends, it is a good idea to turn off the location sharing feature on this app. This app offers a great way to keep track of your circle of friends, but it can be inconvenient when you just want your privacy.
Follow these steps to turn off location sharing in the Find my App;
- Step 1: Open the Find My App on your device and then tap on the “Me” tab
- Step 2: Swipe up from the bottom and toggle the switch next to “Share My Location” to disable this feature
If you would like to stop sharing your location with a specific person, do the following;
- Step 1: Open the Find My App and then tap on the “People” tab
- Step 2: Select the person you want to stop sharing your location with and then tap “Stop Sharing my Location”
Your friends will not know that you have stopped sharing your location. You will however no longer appear in their list
For privacy reasons, you may find it necessary to keep your device’s location hidden from others. The solutions above can help you do that by either turning off location services complete, changing the location on the device or just turning off location sharing so that you can use your location services for other functions but your friends will not be able to tell where you are.