One of the ways that some Pokémon GO players can play Pokémon GO on their computers is by using an emulator.
Emulators like KOPlayer can easily mirror all functions of an Android device on to your desktop, allowing you to do everything you can do on your device on the desktop, including playing games like Pokémon GO.
In this guide, we are going to look at how you can play Pokémon GO on your desktop using KOPlayer.
What is KOPlayer?
KOPlayer is of the best Android emulators in the market. With this tool, you can easily enjoy all the features and functions that come with Android devices without needing to own an Android device.
It is particularly useful for playing games like Pokémon GO because unlike other emulators, KOPlayer is designed with gaming in mind and has features designed for gaming.
Once it is installed on your PC, you are free to download all the apps and games found in the Google Play Store, install them and use them as desired.
It is also easy to use; with a drag and drop functionality that can come in handy when installing and arranging apps.
It also facilitates the use of a gamepad, keyboard, mouse, camera, microphone and other devices to make playing games that much easier.
The following is a breakdown of the features you can expect when using KOPlayer;
- The user interface is very interactive and very easy to use
- You can download just about any Android app and enjoy using the on the desktop
- It comes with built-in video recorder to allow you to record the screen easily, allowing you to record gameplay and share with your friends
- It provides free to play content
- It comes with a built-in Google Play Store to make installation of apps easier
- An easily accessible toolbar makes controlling the volume, screen recording and other features much easier.
How to Play Pokémon GO with KOPlayer
If you would like to use KOPlayer to play Pokémon GO on your computer, the following are some of the things you will need;
- A PC with Windows 7, Windows 8 or Window 10 installed on it
- A stable internet connection
- KOPlayer (make sure that you download the latest version)
- Pokémon GO Installed on KOPlayer
Before we start, we must warn you that you can only play Pokémon GO on KOPlayer by faking your GPS. This violates the Pokémon GO terms and conditions, which could result in your account getting banned temporarily or even permanently.
With that said, follow these steps to play Pokémon GO with KOPlayer;
Step 1: Start by downloading KOPlayer on to your computer. Go to https://koplayerpc.com/ and select the setup file that matches your system.
Step 2: Install KOPlayer on your computer and make sure that the PC is connected to the internet. Launch KOPlayer.
Step 3: Now, you will need to add your Google Account to KOPlayer to install the apps you will need. To do that, click on the “System Tools”.
Step 4: Then click on “Settings.”
Step 5: In the Settings, click on “Account” and then sign in to your Google Account.
Step 6: Once signed in, open the Google Play Store, find Pokémon GO and install it.
If you don’t find Pokémon GO on the Play Store, you can download the APK file and install it manually.
Step 7: You should see the Pokémon GO app on the Home Screen. But before you open the app, you need to fake the GPS first. To do that, click on the GPS icon to open the KOPlayer GPS.
Step 8: Select the location that you would like to use on the map and then click “Save.”
Step 9: Now open Pokémon GO. To play the game, click on the keyboard icon and drag the D-Pad “WASD” to the screen and click “Save.” You can then use the WASD keys on your keyboard to move the character around the location you have selected.
Drawbacks of the KOPlayer Emulator
Although the KOPlayer can be a great way to play Pokémon GO on your computer, there are some disadvantages of using this emulator. They include the following;
- The teleporting feature of the emulator is so basic, it is obvious that you are faking the location. This can increase the risk of your account getting banned
- It can be a little bit difficult to setup KOPlayer particularly for beginners as the process is a bit complicated.
- Even if you can install and set up KOPlayer easily, sometimes it just stalls or doesn’t work properly. This problem can commonly occur with the joystick that can feel like it is inflexible sometimes, affecting the smooth movement of the game.
- The simulation speed when using KOPlayer can also be a bit slower than normal, affecting the character’s movement in the game.
Any Alternative to KOPlayer Emulator for iOS?
The KOPlayer is also only available for Pokémon GO for Android. For iOS devices, the best tool to use is MockGo. But unlike the KOPlayer, MockGo is not an emulator.
You will get to keep playing Pokémon GO on your iOS device, but the software can teleport the device or simulate GPS movement so you are playing the game without moving.
The following are the program’s most notable features;
- You can teleport the iOS device to anywhere in the world in a single click
- Simulate GPS location using custom paths and multiple routes
- You can change the location on multiple iOS devices at the same time
- It works very well with all location-based apps including AR games like Pokémon GO
- It is also fully compatible with Windows and Mac as well as all iOS devices
Here’s how to use MockGo to spoof your location;
Step 1: Install MockGo on your computer. Open it and then click on “Start”.
Step 2: Click on the second icon on the upper-right corner of the screen and select a destination to use on the map to simulate a movement between 2 spots.
A popup will appear, indicating the distance you will travel. Drag the slider at the bottom to select the speed and click on “Move Here.”
Step 3: In the next dialogue box, select how many times you want to move between the two locations and click on “Start”.
Step 4: To simulate movement along multiple spots, click on the third icon in the top-right corner. Then select all the locations you want to make up your route. You will see the total distance to be covered in the dialogue box that appears. Click “Move Here.”
Step 5: Enter the number of times that you would like to move along the route and click “Start”. You can use the slider at the bottom to select the appropriate speed to use.
KOPlayer is just one of the many solutions that Pokémon GO players use to play the game without moving. But the emulator is not an ideal way to spoof the location if you want to avoid getting banned. It would be much easier to use a location spoofing app for Android and iOS device suers would be better served by using MockGo.