Pokémon Go requires you to move around the real world to catch Pokémon and challenge rival players. While you get to enjoy a good stroll with this game, it can consume quite a lot of energy and time.
The adventures you get to have progressively become challenging and addicting, and the game mechanics just don't develop at the same pace for some people.
It’s no big deal. Thankfully, there are cheats available for both Android phones and iPhone. In this article, we will show you the tricks and hacks you can do to level up your Pokémon Go experience on your iOS device.
What are you waiting for? Read on.
Use an iOS Location Spoofer
Pokémon Go’s entire game dynamics relies on a player’s location. The Pokémon you encounter depends on where you are, and some Pokémon are completely exclusive to a certain country or region of the world.
With that in mind, you can easily spoof your location—tricking Pokémon Go into thinking you’re in a different place. MockGo iOS GPS spoofer can help you. From a few blocks away to an entirely different country, you can change your iPhone’s specific location to your heart’s content.
Using MockGo to spoof your location:
1. Download and install MockGo on a Windows or Mac computer.
2. Once installed, launch MockGo, connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. and click the Start button to proceed.
3. You will now be able to see your current location on the map. Next, enter Teleport Mode by clicking the left button found on the upper-right corner of the window.
4. On the text box, enter the location you’d like to spoof to.
5. Your map will then show the location. Click the Move Here button to transfer your iPhone’s location to the one you entered.
Your iPhone’s location will now be changed for all your apps. Finally, open Pokémon Go.
This means that you are now capable of getting the Pokémon Go experience any place you want without physically travelling there. Go ahead and visit Pokéstops, Gyms, and catch region-exclusive Pokémon.
Locate Pokémon With Online Trackers
If you don’t have time to roam around and check the available Pokémon around you, online trackers will become your best friend.
Using online trackers like Pokémon Go Map allows you to check certain locations for available Pokémon, as well as the status of Gyms and other events.
Easily Kick Pokémon From Gyms
Kicking Pokémon out of Gyms the normal way can get a bit complicated, difficult even. You have to defeat up to six Pokémon, draining their Motivation and CP down to zero. This can get challenging, especially when you’re facing Pokémon that are way stronger than you.
However, there is an exploit for this if you have at least two other friends. You can easily defeat and kick out any Pokémon, then replace them with your own. To do so, three players need to do a sequence of joining and dropping out of a gym battle.
Here’s how to kick Pokémon from gyms:
- Begin a gym battle with three players, including yourself.
- Make Player 1 and Player 2 drop out immediately, but let Player 3 continue their battle.
- Make Player 1 and 2 join a new gym battle.
- Make Player 1 drop out of the battle, with Player 2 continuing their battle.
- Make Player 1 join a new gym battle.
- Lastly, let everyone finish their battles.
Doing this, the rival Pokémon/s will take way more damage when done with the steps above. Now, you can easily kick out Pokémon from their gyms and replace them with your own.
Jump Forward in Time
Certain events in Pokémon Go require you to wait for a certain amount of time. These can include accomplishing research tasks, as well as obtaining raid passes. If you don’t want to wait around, then this solution is for you.
To do so, you’ll need to manually change the date and time on your iPhone to skip the waiting time on Pokémon Go. Changing your iPhone’s date and time also affects other apps that rely on the clock, so you’ll need to look out for that as well.
Changing the time on iPhone:
- First, go to your Settings.
- Next, click on the General tab.
- There, you should be able to find a Time & Date section. Click it and modify your time.
Skipping Pokémon Go Animations
Pokémon Go has many animations throughout your gameplay. However, these can get repetitive, and sitting through them can quickly become a chore. Fortunately, you can just skip through them to save you some time.
There are three types of animations you can skip within the game. These include the catch animation, raid animation, and the evolution animation. Each animation also has a different method of skipping.
Skipping the Catch Animation:
- Tap the Pokémon you’d like to catch with one hand.
- With your other hand, swipe the bottom of your screen from right to left. Once it reaches the left corner, make sure not to remove it.
- Next, throw your Pokéball.
- As the Pokéball hits the Pokémon, quickly remove your finger from the left corner.
- Then, tap the screen to exit the Pokéball menu.
- Next, tap the Run icon found on the top-left of the screen to complete the catch, bypassing the animation in the process.
- Check if you’ve successfully caught the Pokémon.
Skipping the Raid Animation:
- Create an empty raid team.
- Join a raid.
- Choose the empty team you created.
- Once the raid starts, you will be prompted to pick a different raid team, bypassing the raid animation.
Skipping the Evolution Animation:
- Once the evolution animation begins, force quit Pokémon Go.
- Then, launch it again.
Skipping animations can save you a lot of time in the long run. Instead of idling around and waiting for the animation to finish, you can now skip to the gameplay that actually matters.
Start with a Pikachu
When starting the game, you're required to choose between three starter Pokémon. Although Pikachu is rare to find in the wild, you can have them right away as one of yours.
To choose Pikachu as your starter Pokémon, walk away from the three starters. If they reappear, walk away again. Do this enough times and Pikachu should reappear instead of the three.
Eevee Evolution Selection
Eevee is a special Pokémon as they have the most number of evolutions in the game. Each evolution is randomly generated from a total of 8 possible types.
Luckily, there’s a little cheat you can do to ensure that your Eevee evolves into the evolution you want. This can be done by renaming the Eevee to a specific nickname, depending on the evolution.
The nicknames for each evolution are the following:
- Rainer = Vaporeon
- Sparky = Jolteon
- Pyro = Flareon
- Tamao = Umbreon
- Sakura = Espeon
- Rea = Glaceon
- Linnea = Leafeon
- Kira = Sylveon
Extra Pokéstop Experience
This one’s not really a cheat but a handy tip to end this list.
Visiting Pokéstops is a must for every player. You can gain extra items and experience, and even lure more Pokémon from them.
For every 10 unique Pokéstops you’ve visited, you can obtain a minimum of 6 items and 100 experience so players make sure to explore and check unvisited Pokéstops.
There are many ways to gain the upper hand when playing Pokémon Go. You can do all sorts of exploits and cheats to make the game easier, as well as catch rarer, more powerful Pokémon.
If you think we missed any cheats or exploits, don’t hesitate to tell us in the comment section down below!