Love using Pokemon Go Plus? Well, who doesn't? It's a great accessory for capturing new characters on the fly.
But sometimes, the Pokemon Go Plus can have connection issues that can result in a bad experience.
But don't you worry: in this article, we'll tell you how to address the Pokemon Go Plus connection so you can get back on the field to collect some rare Pokemons.
What Is Pokemon Go Plus?
The Pokemon Go Plus is a wearable device that players can use to perform specific actions in the game. It minimizes the the need to tap on your smartphone while hunting Pokemons.
You can take it anywhere as it’s highly compact and portable. For the connection, the wearable relies on your phone’s Bluetooth to let you perform the actions within the game.
The Plus Go device is commonly used to catch Pokemons inside the Pokemon Go game. When you encounter a Pokemon, it begins to vibrate and flashes off a green light.
If the Pokemon encountered is a new Pokemon that you've not captured before, the device will flash a yellow light.
Pokemon Go Plus is a great game accessory, but it is not supported with all smartphones. Therefore, before buying the gaming accessory, you can check if it is compatible with your smartphone or not.
The requirements are as follows:
- Android OS should be above 4.4
- You would require a strong mobile data connection (preferably 3G or 4G)
- GPS and Location Services should be enabled
- Bluetooth 4.0+ is needed
- The resolution of the device should be a minimum of 720 x 1280 pixels
- It does not work on rooted devices
If your device meets all of the above requirements, you can install the Pokemon Go app and enjoy playing it with the Pokemon Go Plus gaming accessory.
Pokemon Go Plus Connection Failure on Android? Try These Fixes
Solution 1: Refresh Pokemon Go Plus
If your Pokemon Go Plus stops working or cannot connect with your Android device, we suggest you refresh the device. Here are the steps:
- Press and hold the Go+ button until the blue light stops blinking.
- Keep holding the Go+ button until the blue light turns solid.
- Release the button and hold it again until the device starts to vibrate.
- Press the Go+ button until the white light starts to blink
- Connect your phone with the Pokemon Go plus
This method is pretty straightforward and works well for many players.
Solution 2: Unpairing the Pokémon Go Plus
To play Pokemon Go with Pokemon Go Plus, you would have to pair the gaming accessory with your smartphone. So, if the wearable fails to connect, consider unpairing it and pairing it again after a while.
- Go to Settings and open Bluetooth
- If paired, tap on Pokemon Go. If it's not paired, then you will see it in the list of available devices.
- Unpair the Pokemon Go Plus and then tap again to pair it.
- Open the Pokemon Go game and select settings.
- Tap on the Pokemon Go Plus and attach the available device to the game.
This method works most of the time.
Solution 3: Restart your phone
If you're still having trouble with connecting the Pokemon Go Plus device to your smartphone, try restarting your handset.
- Shut off your WiFi.
- Disable both WiFi and Bluetooth scanning. Open Settings -> Location -> Tap on the three dots -> Scanning and then deselect the WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning.
- Now, restart your phone.
- Open the Pokemon Go app and open the settings.
- Keep the Pokemon Go Plus around 6 feet.
- Press the Go+ button and check if it appears on the menu.
- If the Go+ sign is greyed out on the map screen, then tap it again. Android device will successfully connect the Go plus gaming accessory.
Hopefully, one of the above methods will solve your problem of the Pokemon Go Plus not connecting to your smartphone.
Pokemon Go Plus not connecting for iPhone
If you're having trouble with connecting your iPhone to the Pokemon Go Plus accessory, follow these simple instructions to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Unpairing the Pokémon GO Plus From Your Device
If you want to use the Pokemon Go Plus on another smartphone, you would need to unpair the Pokemon Go Plus from the paired device.
To unpair the device, follow these simple steps:
- Press the Pokemon Go Plus Function button. If the blue light flashes, then it means the gaming accessory is paired.
- Keep holding the button until the light stops blinking.
- Press and keep holding down the Function button for 5 seconds. The light will turn to solid blue.
- Now let go of the function button.
- Press and hold the Function button again for 5 seconds. The Pokemon Go Plus is going to vibrate. It means that the device has been successfully unpaired from the iPhone.
To use your Pokémon GO Plus on a second device, unpairing of the Pokémon GO Plus is important.
- Press the Function button. The light will flash blue, indicating that the accessory is paired.
- Once the accessory stops blinking, you can move onto the next step.
- Now press and hold ‘function’ for about 5 seconds. Wait until you see solid blue on the indicator light.
- Release the function button.
- Press and hold the Function button for another 5 seconds as the light remains blue. When the Pokémon GO Plus vibrates, it has been successfully unpaired from your device.
Solution 2: Pairing Your Device to the Pokemon Go Plus
If the iPhone cannot connect to your Pokemon Go Plus accessory, you need to pair it using the iPhone's Bluetooth settings. Follow these steps to pair your device to the Pokemon Go wearable.
- Go to the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth toggle so that the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Please press down the function button on your Pokemon Go Plus accessory to make it visible for other phones.
- Please tap on the Pokemon Go Plus listed under My Devices or Other Devices.
- Go to the home screen and launch the Pokemon Go app.
- From the Map View, open the Main Menu.
- Tap on the settings icon placed at the top right corner of the menu
- Select Pokemon Go Plus
- Press down on the function button. This will make the Pokemon Go Plus available for other devices to find.
- Tap on the Pokemon Go Plus under ‘Available Devices.’ If the Pokemon Go Plus vibrates then, it means the device is successfully connected to the iPhone.
Solution 3: Restore the Pokémon GO Plus Connection
Sometimes ,the Pokemon Go Plus can lose connection to your smartphone. When the light flashes red on the Pokemon Go Plus and vibrates, it means that the connection is lost.
To restore the connection, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your Pokemon Go Plus is within the 30 feet radius of the smartphone. Also, ensure that you’re connected to the internet, and your device is synced.
- From the Map View, look up the Pokemon Go Plus icon and tap on it.
- The Pokemon Go Plus will vibrate, and the icon will be illuminated. This means that the accessory is connected with the iPhone.
If you're unable to see the Pokemon Go Plus icon on the Map View, you would need to connect the gaming accessory through the Settings menu.
Get More Fun By Changing GPS Location on Pokemon Go
Want to change your Pokemon Go location? MockGo is the perfect tool. The tool is 100% safe to use and is free to download. But Android smartphones do not support MockGo at this time.
To use the MockGo software to fake the location for Pokemon Go, you need to download and install it on your PC first. Then, follow these steps to spoof your Location in Pokemon Go:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone with your computer. Launch the MockGo software and then click on the start button from the main menu window.
Step 2. You can now see your current Location on the map. Tap on the Teleport button, which is the first icon on the upper right corner of MockGo.
Step 3. Type the location you want to travel to in the search field and then click on the Go button.
Step 4. The map will show the searched location that you entered in the search bar. To teleport, click on the Move Here button, and the MockGo tool will change the Location.
It is that simple to use the MockGo tool to fake a GPS location in Pokemon Go on iOS. You can repeat the steps to go anywhere and catch new Pokemons to grow your collection.
Playing Pokemon Go by using the Pokemon Go Plus gaming accessory can be fun. But it can be frustrating if the device stops working or the connection is interrupted.
If you follow the methods mentioned in this article, you can easily restore the connection and start using the accessory again.