Tinder is a great app for finding your soul mate. However, the finding can be difficult if the app shows the wrong location.
If you are having trouble with the app showing the wrong location, then there are a few fixes you can try to solve the problem.
Why Is My Tinder Showing the Wrong Location
There are a number of reasons why the dating app, Tinder, thinks you are in the wrong place or have set your location wrong. Here are a few:
- Tinder might be using your old location and has not updated the current location settings.
- Check to see whether you have disabled the location settings on your device.
- Maybe the IP address of your WiFi has a different routing location which is detected by Tinder.
- Using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) can affect the location of your device, making it easy for Tinder to get confused about your current whereabouts.
- If you use Facebook to log in to Tinder or set up your profile, there’s a possibility that Tinder is using your Facebook location.
- Maybe you're using the older version of the Tinder app and have not yet updated to the latest version. The older version might have a bug that is preventing Tinder from displaying the correct location. A quick way to solve this issue is to Go to your App or Play Store and update the Tinder app. If you're worried that updating the app will remove all your Tinder matches and contact, don’t worry – it doesn’t happen.
How to Fix Tinder Location Wrong Error
If you are facing problems or issues other than the ones listed above, then you can reach out to the support team at Tinder.
You can send them an email about your problem at [email protected] You can also try to reach out to them via different social platforms like Twitter or Facebook.
But sending a technical problem email is the best way to reach out to the Tinder technical team.
Before sending the email to the technical team at Tinder, you can try the solutions below to fix your Tinder's wrong location error.
1) Re-Login to Your Tinder Account
Tinder data does not refresh due to a temporary error that might have happened on your account.
The best workaround to fix the problem of not finding any matches on Tinder is to re-login after logging out of the account and waiting for a few minutes for the data to be reloaded.
To perform the above action, you can follow the instructions on how to sign out of your Tinder account:
- Step 1: Tap on the head icon to open the Tinder Profile menu.
- Step 2: From the Settings menu, scroll all the way to the bottom.
- Step 3: When you find the LogOut button, tap on it to quit your session on Tinder.
Now, after you've logged out of the Tinder app, you can just wait for at least 3 minutes before signing back into your Tinder account. Now check whether you're getting matches from your current location.
2) Update Tinder
To fix any bugs or glitches on the app, the developers of Tinder roll out frequent updates.
So, if you've trouble finding any matches or if the app is showing your wrong location, you can try to update the app, and hopefully, it will patch any errors or other problems.
Check out the instructions below on how to update Tinder for Android devices:
- Step 1: Open the Google Play Store from your Android smartphone.
- Step 2: Select your Profile and tap on the Manage Apps & Device option.
- Step 3: Tap on the Updates Available, and now you have the option to update all your apps, or you can just scroll down to Tinder and tap on the Update button.
Follow the guide below on how to update Tinder for iPhone or iPad:
- Step 1: Open the App Store from your iOS device and tap on the Profile menu.
- Step 2: Scroll down on the page until you can find the Tinder app.
- Step 3: Tap on the Update button, and it will begin to install the latest version on your device.
Once you've finished updating the Tinder app on either Android or iOS devices, open the app and confirm if the problem is fixed. Now it should be showing the correct location.
3) Reinstall Tinder
If you're still having trouble getting the wrong location error on Tinder, it's possible that the Tinder cache or installation files might be corrupted.
This usually happens when the app was interrupted during an update. The best option is to try and reinstall the app. Follow the instructions below on how to reinstall the Tinder app from scratch:
- Step 1: Locate the Tinder app from the device's menu drawer.
- Step 2: Tap and keep holding down on the Tinder app icon. Once an options menu pops up, proceed to the next step.
- Step 3: Tap on Uninstall the option for all Android users and Remove App for all iOS users.
Doing so will delete the Tinder app from your smartphone, and now you can go back to your Google or Apple Store to download the app again. Once the app is downloaded, open it and re-enter your credentials to sign into your profile. Now check if the problem has been solved or not.
4) Use Location Changer Tool to Fix Tinder Wrong Location
If the above solution does not work for you, then we need to manually change the location of the device.
There is a third-party tool that can help us to change the GPS to our actual location. It can be a handy solution if the device or the Tinder app cannot fix the wrong location error.
The tool that we can use to fix this problem is MockGo. You can also use this tool to change your location and find matches from different countries.
The best part about using this hack is that you do not need to pay for Tinder's passport feature. To simple change your GPS location on your iPhone, follow the guide below:
Step 1: Download and install MockGo on your PC.
Step 2: Open the program and connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. Once the device is detected, click on the Start button.
On the menu screen, you're going to see the world map and the current GPS location of the iPhone.
Step 3: To change the device's GPS location, click on the Teleport icon.
Step 4: Then enter the location manually on the search bar. Next, click on the search icon.
Step 5: A popup window will show the select location on the map. After confirming the location, click on the Move Here button and wait for the tool to change the device's GPS location.
Open the Tinder app and you can check that the location has been changed and you can start matching again.
If you’re having trouble with the device's location for Tinder or any other app, you can follow the above steps or, as we recommend, use the MockGo tool to manually change the location. We suggest going back to your current location after using the MockGo tool, as it can affect your device's app locations.