Are you looking for the best way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung?
Because WhatsApp can often contain a lot of important information, no one wants to just start over.
But if you are here, looking for a solution, you are probably aware that it is not very easy to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung.
Keep reading for the best solutions to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung.
Can I Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung For Free?
Unfortunately, there is no free way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung. These two devices run on different platforms which use different encryption protocols.
Therefore, you simply can’t restore an iCloud backup to your Samsung device to get the WhatsApp messages on your device.
Anyone who tries to tell you that you can use Google Drive/iCloud/iTunes or a local backup to transfer WhatsApp to the Samsung device are inaccurate.
The only somewhat free way that you can use is the Export Chat feature in WhatsApp. But this one only allows you to transfer one chat at a time and the chats will be available as log files only.
Transfer WhatsApp iPhone to Samsung via WhatsApp Migrator
If you are looking for the best way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung is via WhatsApp Migrator .
This is a third-party WhatsApp data transfer that can help you transfer WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business between devices even when they run on different operating systems.
It is also a simple way to backup WhatsApp data to your computer and then restore the backup to the same device or a different one.
WhatsApp Migrator is also very easy to use, just install it on your computer and then follow these simple steps to use it:
Step 1: Run the application on your computer and then select “WhatsApp Transfer”
Step 2: In the next window, select “WhatsApp” from the left panel and then choose “Transfer WhatsApp Messages.”
Step 3: Connect the iPhone and the Samsung device to the computer. When the device detects the devices, you should see the on the screen.
Take a moment to make sure that the devices are in the correct order. The iPhone should be the “Source” device and the Samsung should be the “Destination” device. If this order is not as it should be, click “Flip” to change it.
Step 4: Click “Start” and in a few minutes, all the WhatsApp data on your iPhone will be transferred to the Samsung device. Keep the device connected until you see a notification on the screen indicating that the process is complete.
- After many upgrades, the performance of the product has been more stable than other competing products, and there are less compatibility issues.
- It will transfer WhatsApp messages directly from iPhone to Samsung, which make the transfer process extremely fast.
- It will transfer all WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments between phones.
- It supports to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android or from Android to iPhone.
- It is very easy to use: a three-step process allows you to transfer WhatsApp between devices.
- It will also backup and restore WhatsApp.
- You need to pay to use the full features of the software .
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via BackupTrans
BackupTrans is another tool that can be very useful for the transfer of WhatsApp data from one device to another.
It is very easy to use and doesn’t require a jailbroken device. Follow these simple steps to use it to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung:
Step 1: Begin by installing BackupTrans on to your PC or Mac and then connect the devices to the computer. Wait for BackupTrans to detect the devices.
Step 2: When prompted to back up your data, agree. This will save the WhatsApp data on the iPhone to BackupTrans. You can get a preview of the data in the sidebar.
Step 3: When you are ready to transfer the data to the Samsung device, right click on it from the sidebar and then choose “Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android.”
If you want to transfer only some of the messages, expand the backup content and select the chats you would like to move, right click on the selections and choose “Transfer Messages with this Contact to Android.”
- It supports to transfer WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments.
- It supports to transfer from iPhone to Samsung and vice versa.
- To transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung, you need to back up WhatsApp on iPhone firstly, and then restore the backup to Samsung, which is more time-consuming.
- The process of transfering WhatsApp from from iOS to Samsung is more complicated than WhatsApp Migrator.
- Sometimes it fails to detect the connected devices.
- It is also not a free program.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via WazzapMigrator
WazzapMigrator is another solution that a lot of users have found very useful for the transfer of WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
Compared to the other solutions on this list, it is a little bit more complicated as you will need to first backup the iPhone on iTunes before using it.
We’ve simplified the process as much as we can below:
Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes. Click on the “Summary” section and then click on “Back Up Now” to take a full backup of the data on the device. Make sure that “This Computer” is selected.
Step 2: Install the iBackup Viewer from WazzapMigrator website on to your computer and then open it. Load this most recently created backup to extract it.
Step 3: Save the extracted backup to your Google Drive or the Samsung device’s local storage. If you want to save the backup to the device’s local storage, connect the Samsung phone to the computer and then move the “ChatStorage.sqlite” to the device’s download’s folder in the internal storage.
Step 4: Install the WazzapMigrator app on your Samsung device, open it and choose the recently transferred backup. Your WhatsApp messages will be extracted to the device.
- You can easily transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
- The transfer will include the media attachments.
- It doesn't support to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS device.
- WazzapMigrator will first extract an iTunes backup and migrate the chats on an Android later, which makes the process more complicated and time-consuming for most of users.
- Sometimes the process fails and the program has compatibility issues.
- WazzapMigrator is no longer free.
FAQ: Does Samsung Smart Switch Transfer WhatsApp Messages?
Samsung Smart Switch is a pretty reliable solution when it comes to the transfer of data from any other device to a new Samsung device.
You can choose to connect the devices either via USB cable or Wi-Fi and it will allow you to transfer data between the devices even if the old device is not a Samsung device.
While Samsung Smart Switch can be useful in transferring a wide range of data types, it will not be useful for the transfer of WhatsApp messages from the old device to the new one.
This is because, WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption that cannot be transferred using Smart Switch.
In fact, this app will not transfer data from any app that uses this kind of encryption and you may see a message saying “Samsung Smart Switch not Enough Space” when you try to transfer this type of data.
Each of the three methods listed above is reliable for transferring WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung. Now all you have to do is pick the method that best suits your situation and needs and give it a shot.