Since its release, there has been thousands of apps, tools and tricks aimed at making it easier to play Pokémon GO. One of the ways that players can make Pokémon GO easier is by spoofing their GPS location.
When done correctly, spoofing allows you to play Pokémon GO and take in-game actions like hatching eggs without needing to cover the large distances required to do it. Essentially, they allow the player to play Pokémon GO without moving at all.
Many of these GPS spoofing tools are in the form of apps that can be installed on your device. Fly GPS app is a popular choice for many Android device users. And, here will take an in-depth look at how it works.
What Is Fly GPS?
Fly GPS allows you to set a fake GPS location on your device so that the Pokémon GO character can explore this new location. You use the joystick controller to explore the new location without having to physically move.
This joystick functionality is what makes the Pokémon GO app one of the most sought-after app, since it can make GPS simulation that much easier.
With it, you can move the character in the selected area much easily. Fly GPS works very well with all versions of Pokémon GO for Android and it is very easy to setup and use.
Its main features include the following;
- It can teleport the device to any location in the world instantly.
- Selecting the location, you would like to use is very simple.
- The GPS joystick makes movement in the new selected location very easy.
- Fly GPS works very well with the latest versions of Pokémon GO.
Does Fly GPS Still Work for Pokémon GO in 2021?
Yes. Fly GPS still works for Pokémon GO. But You' ll need to install Fly GPS carfully to avoid getting banned by Pokémon GO.
Update: We used to install the Fly GPS app and enabled the Mock location option to get started spoofing. However, Niantic now recognizes that you are spoofing whenever the mock locations checkbox is activated.
To avoid this, either downgrade your phone or root it and change the app to a system app, or don't do anything at all. Check this tutorial to find more details.
How to Use Fly GPS in Pokémon GO to Spoof Location
To spoof the location in Pokémon GO using Fly GPS, follow these simple steps;
Step 1: You will need to first of all install Fly GPS app on to your device. Go to this page to download the latest version.
Step 2: To be able to install Fly GPS on your device, you must enable “Unknown Sources” on the device. Here’s how to do that;
- Open the Settings on your Android device.
- Tap on “Security”.
- Scroll down to find “Unknown Sources” and tap on it to enable it.
Step 3: Now find the APK file and tap on it to begin the installation process.
Step 4: Once the app is installed on your device, you will need to enable “Developer Mode” on your device. Here’s how to do that;
- Open the Settings.
- Scroll down to tap on “About Phone.”
- Find “Build Number” and tap on it 7 times or until you see a message saying, “Developer Mode Has Been Enabled.”
Step 5: Now you just need to enable mock locations on the device. Follow these steps to do that;
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to find the newly enabled “Developer Option.” Tap on it.
- Scroll down to tap on “Mock Location App” in the “Debugging” section.
- Select “Fly GPS” as the mock location app to use in the next window.
Step 6: Now enable the location or GPS on the device. To do that, go to the “Settings” and tap on “Location.” Make sure that locating method is set to “Low Accuracy” or “Only GPS” Mode.
Step 7: Make sure that “Location History” is also turned on.
Step 8: Then open “Fly GPS” on your device and you should see your current location on the map based on the device’s GPS. Now all you have to do is select the fake or spoofed location and you can do that by simply choosing the new location that you want to use on the map.
Step 9: With the fake location selected, tap on the popup that says, “Please Select the Menu.”
Step 10: In the menu that appears, select “GPS Service Run.”
Step 11: In the next popup select “Joystick Location Mode- (Pokémon).” This will change the GPS location and enable the GPS joystick for Pokémon GO.
Step 12: Open Pokémon GO on your device and you will see that urge Pokémon character will be in the new selected location. You should also see the joystick on the screen, allowing you to move the character in any direction.
How to Use Fly GPS to Play Pokémon GO Safely
The following are some tips to get the most out of the Fly GPS app and avoid the soft ban often associated with spoofing your location in Pokémon GO.
- If you find that your GPS keeps reverting to the original location, we recommend turning off Wi-Fi and using Mobile/Cellular Data instead.
- It is never a good idea to teleport too far away from your original location in a very short period of time. Niantic severs are always keeping track of your location and if it appears that you have taken a giant leap in a matter of minutes, they may impose a soft ban on your account.
- If you find that the Pokémon you to ty to catch are fleeing or PokéStops are not giving you any items, then it means that your account has ben soft-banned. In this case, all you have to do it go to any PokéStop and spin the wheel 30 to 40 times until it starts to give you items again or you can wait 3-8 hours for the ban to be automatically lifted.
- If you are still begin relocated to your original location even after turning off the Wi-Fi, there is one more thing you can try. Wrap the backside of the device (the GPS/Wi-Fi module area) with 2-3 layers of aluminum foil. This will block the GPS signal completely and prevent the app from relocating you back to the original location.
Fly GPS Doesn't Work Anymore after Android Security Update?
Fly GPS will no longer be able to fake your location once your Android smartphone has gotten a security update. However, there are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Downgrade your Android phone or tablet to the previous version.
- Turn the Fly GPS as a system app on your phone.
How Can I Spoof Pokémon GO for My iOS Device?
Yes. You can also spoof the location on your iOS device. But since there are no apps that you can install on your iPhone/iPad without jailbreaking the device, the best tool to choose is MockGo iOS GPS Spoofer.
This is a desktop solution that can teleport your iOS device to anywhere in the world and simulate GPS movement along a specified path. Its key features include the following;
- Teleport the device to anywhere in the world, ideal for places with the best Pokémon to catch
- Simulate GPS movement along a specified route (set by 2 or multiple spots), ideal for when you want to play Pokémon GO without moving
- Move the GPS automatically or manually using the GPS joystick
- Set the GPS movement speed as desired
Spoofing the location in Pokémon GO is possible with the right tool. For Android devices, Fly GPS can make the process easy, allowing you to enjoy the game more. This guide can help you play Pokémon GO without moving and avoid a soft ban while you do it.