Pokemon has many legendary Pokemon in the TV series. It goes the same for the Pokémon GO game.
You can find an abundance of legendary Pokemon in the game to capture and add them to your collection.
The catch is to get familiar with the locations where these rare Pokemons reside.
In this post, we’ll share a list of legendary Pokémon GO locations so you can cut short the time you spend on hunting down the legendary characters.
Complete list of legendary Pokemon in Pokémon GO
The legendary Pokemon ranges from the three legendary original birds to the legendaries of generation 5.
However, while playing the game, you cannot find all the legendary Pokemon simultaneously. Only one or two legendary Pokemon roaming in the wild during raids.
Check out our list of all the legendary Pokemon that are available in Pokémon GO:
Special Research Legendary Pokemons: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Meltan
In Pokémon GO, special research is tasks or objectives that a player needs to complete to get rewards. And the legendary Pokemon Mew is the first of its kind to be available as a special research prize.
You could have obtained it through the 'A Mythical Discovery' questline. Currently, this is the only way in the game to obtain Mew. Some many forums and guides can help you in how to capture Mew.
There is another legendary Pokeom available through a special research quest, A Ripple In Time, that you can obtain by completing a series of long tasks.
By completing the Ripple In Time research quest, you can get a Celebi. Like the Mew research task, there are many guides available in helping you to complete the tasks.
There is a special research task called A Thousand Year Slumber, and completing it will reward you with Jirachi. This quest was first introduced during the Pokémon GO Fest 2019 as promotional content.
Now you can participate in this quest if you like to add Jirachi into your legendary Pokemon collection.
There are two mythical Pokemon, Meltan and Melmetal, that can be considered legendaries.
If you're playing Pokemon, Let's Go, you can transfer these legendaries/mythical Pokemon to Pokémon GO.
To get Meltan in Pokemon Let's Go, you need to complete the 'Let's Go, Meltan' quest and then transfer it. During the quest, you can get Melmetal as well.
If you want to add Genesect into the collection, you must complete the special research task 'A Drive To Investigate' and get Genesect as a prize.
Though, you would need a currently unavailable ticket to take part in this quest. But if you already have a ticket, you can proceed to complete the quest's objectives.
This quest takes a long time to finish with tedious checkpoints. So it's best to follow a guide and be prepared to finish the quest.
The special research quest 'A Colossal Discovery' is similar to the Genesect quest that you would need a ticket to play it.
The quest happened in October and finishing it rewards you with Regigigas. There is a possibility that Pokémon GO will bring back the tickets to play this quest in the future.
So these are your legendary Pokemon, including a few mythical that you can obtain through the completion of a special research quest:
- Mew - Quest: A Mythical Discovery
- Celebi - Quest: Ripple in Time
- Jirachi - Quest: A Thousand Year Slumber
- Meltan & MelMetal - Quest: Let's Go Meltan
- Genesect - Quest: A Drive to Investigate
- Regigigas - Quest: A Colossal Discovery
Legendary Pokémon GO locations
There are certain locations in Pokémon GO that give you an advantage over other players since there is a cluster of Pokestops, Gyms, and items.
Legendary Pokémon GO Coordinates
We have listed down these locations that are ideal for increasing the experience level and finding legendary Pokemon:
- Mewtwo’s Location in Pokémon GO: 34.666897,135.500033
- Articuno nest location: 45.17498835, -93.07024956
- Lugia raid location: -36.860531,174.767592
- Regice Raid location: -53.1451,-70.8929
- Latias Raid Location: 35.153424, 129.058764
- Latios Raid Location: 40.030757,-84.221025
How to Teleport to the Locations for iPhone
Owners of iPhones, iPads, and iPods can have trouble spoofing in Pokémon GO if they don't know the right tools.
Using the wrong tools for teleport hack can sometimes damage the iPhone or get your Pokémon GO account banned.
But there’s no need to worry, as we have found the right tool for spoofing in Pokémon GO.
You can use the MockGo tool to teleport anywhere in the world of Pokémon GO with a single click of a button.
The tool has an interface the shows a map that allows you to accurately change your location in the game.
Moreover, you can also change the movement and the speed of your choice when teleporting from one location to another.
This will help you prevent getting banned from the game by tricking Pokémon GO into thinking that you're moving realistically.
In this way, you can capture any kind of Pokemon from common to legendary from the comfort of your couch, bed, or anywhere.
Follow these simple and easy-to-understand steps to use the teleport hack in Pokémon GO with your iOS device:
Step 1. Launch the MockGo App.
Download the tool and install it on your computer. Then open the app and connect the iPhone to the computer by using the lightning cable.
Then, click on the button 'Start' to begin the process of teleporting in Pokémon GO.
Step 2. Search for the desired location or coordinates.
We have shared with you the coordinates of legendary Pokemons in this article. To teleport to these locations, open the teleport search field by clicking on the teleport icon from the screen.
Then either copy and paste the coordinates or type them in. We recommend typing in the coordinates to avoid any mistakes. The search bar will auto-suggest the location, and you would need to choose one from it.
Step 3. Teleport to the desired location.
After clicking on the suggested location, it would load itself in the interface. Now, you can easily move and drop the pin to the exact area you would like to visit.
When you're completely satisfied with your choice, proceed to click on the 'Move Here' button. It will change the current location of your iPhone to the location that has legendary Pokemon.
Now open the Pokémon GO game from your iPhone, and you can see yourself teleported. For any reason, you want to stop the mock location.
Open the Virtual Location software and click on the 'Stop Simulation.’ You will be teleported back to the coordinates you started from originally.
How to Catch Legendary Pokémon GO
Now you know the coordinates of legendary Pokemons and how to reach them from the comfort of your home.
Capturing a legendary Pokemon is no easy feat and can take multiple tries before you get one.
Here are a few pieces of advice that will help you better prepare in catching legendary Pokemons in Pokémon GO:
- Don't expect to catch your first legendary Pokemon in your first Raid. Every legendary Pokemon has a different capture rate, but catching one during the first Raid is not high. So don't get disappointed!
- Curveballs help increase the chance of capturing a legendary Pokemon, so also does the Golden Razz Berries. But, throwing a curveball can be tricky and needs a lot of practice. If you're certain you can hit the target with a curveball, then go for it. Otherwise, you're just wasting your exclusive balls. Remember, Pokeballs are not unlimited!
- Throw an exclusive ball only after the legendary Pokemon has finished its attacking move. It ensures that it will not shimmy away your exclusive ball. So just wait for the attack move to be over!
- If you spot a shiny Legendary Pokemon after completing a raid, then you're lucky as it's a definite catch. Just use a Pinap Berry item, and don't miss it! If any one of the Pokeballs makes contact, you will capture it.
- The quicker you defeat the legendary Pokemon, the bigger the chance you would have to capture it. It's best to join with several trainers and prepare the right counters. Defeating a legendary fast saves up exclusive balls that can be used to capture it.
- If you don’t have enough trainers to be part of the Raid., then find a team in Discord channels or local Facebook Pokémon GO communities. Here you can find many Pokémon GO players holding a meet-up and arranging Raid groups that you can join.
One More Trick to Catch a Legendary Pokemon
Catching a legendary Pokemon is not an easy job. Therefore, you can follow this simple trick to catch it.
Use Golden Razz Berry, Nanab Berry, and then throw a curveball (recommended) to capture it. Start by feeding the legendary Pokemon with Nanab Berry.
Throw a Pokeball and wait for it to be captured. If it escapes, feed him the Golden Razz Berry, but don't throw the Pokeball this time.
Now wait for the Legendary Pokemon to finish its attack move. Then, throw a Pokeball and wait for it to be captured. If the Pokemon does not attack but dodges the Pokeball, repeat the Nanab Berry steps.
If you want to add Legendary Pokemons into your collection, teleport to the coordinates listed in the article using the MockGo tool.
Then, use the tips and tricks we’ve shared to capture them. Let us know in the comments below which is your favorite legendary Pokemon.