If you have been looking for ways to spoof your location in Pokémon Go, you may have come across a location spoofing tool known as Dr. Fone- Virtual Location (iOS).
Ordinarily, this tool is a great way to spoof your location with fantastic features, particularly when you need to change the location on your device or simulate GPS movement.
Sometimes, however, it can fail to work as advertised, displaying a number of errors when you try to use it.
This article examines the common issues you may face when using Dr. Fone -Virtual Location (iOS) and how you can solve them.
What is Dr. Fone – Virtual Location?
Dr. Fone - Virtual Location is an application designed to help you change the location on your iOS device. Changing the GPS location on iOS devices using this tool is very easy: you need only select the location you want to use and the program does the rest.
It is also a great way to simulate GPS movement along a pre-determined path at a customized speed. For this reason, Dr. Fone -Virtual Location is often a great tool to play AR location-based games like Pokémon Go.
Its key features include the following:
- Teleports your iOS device’s GPS to any location in the world in a single click
- Simulate GPS movement along any street in the world at a customized speed
- It supports location management for up to 5 devices
- It is the ideal way to access geo-restricted content in your location
Common Dr.Fone Virtual Location Not Working Issues
The following are some of the common problems that users of Dr. Fone have reported:
1. I Clicked on the Virtual Location Feature and Nothing Really Happens
Dr. Fone- Virtual Location is part of the Dr. Fone Toolkit and some people report that when they try to select the specific “Virtual Location” tool, nothing happens.
When this happens, make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. Then, close and restart the program. If the problem persists, update Dr. Fone before trying again.
2. Dr.Fone Virtual Location Map Crash or Load Failed
Plenty of users have also reported that the Map can sometimes crash. The program gets stuck on loading the map but it fails to display the map. This can prevent you from choosing the location.
If the map crashes, it could be due to a bug in the map API or an interruption in communication with the drfone virtual location. To reconnect with the map API, try restarting the program.
Also, make sure your internet connection is up and running. If it doesn't work, try refreshing your internet connection and making sure it's working.
3. Location Won’t Move from Dr.Fone Virtual Location
Once you have selected the location that you would like to use, you need to click “Move Here” and then “March” before the location can change.
But several users have complained that when they click “March” the location fails to move to the new selected location.
The problem may go away if you restart your device and try again.
4. Got Detected While Using Dr. Fone- Virtual Location
There are some users who have also reported that Niantic can detect their spoofing activities when they use Dr. Fone- Virtual Location. This problem can occur soon after you start using the program or after you have been using it for a while without any incidences.
The following are some of the things you can try when faced with this detection problem:
- Adhere to Cooldown Time
Cooldown time is the specific period of time you gave to wait before taking action in the game once your location has changed. The following is a breakdown of the duration you have to wait after covering a specific distance in Pokémon Go:
- 900 to 1300km – 1 ½ hours to 2 hours
- 500 to 900km – 1 hour to 1 ½ hours
- 250 to 500km – 45 minutes to 1 hour
- 100 to 250km- 30 minutes to 45 minutes
- 11 to 100 km – 10 minutes to 30 minutes
- 6 to 10km – 3 minutes to minutes
- 1to 5 km- 1 minute to 2 minutes
- Turn On and then off Airplane Mode Before Teleporting
Step 1: Enable Airplane mode on your device.
Step 2: Close the Pokémon Go app if it is running in the background and make sure that you are signed in to your account.
Step 3: Wait a few minutes and then turn off Airplane mode. If you encounter a problem wait a few minutes for the issue to resolve itself rather than logging out of your account.
Step 4: When the app loads, try to change the location.
- Log out of Pokémon Go Before Teleporting
Before attempting to teleport the device to a new location, sign out of your account. To do that, tap on the Pokéball in the middle of the screen and scroll down to tap “Sign out.”
Lastly, please note that these solutions may not work for everyone. There is no guarantee that you will be able to successfully spoof the location on your device. It all depends on the type of device you are using and the version of Pokémon Go you are using.
If you have already had a temporary or soft ban on your account, it may be a good idea to try a different spoofing tool or refrain from changing your location to avoid a permanent ban.
Any Alternative Worth Trying?
If you are still having issues with Dr.Fone, you can try using MockGo. This tool is a easy to use Dr.Fone virtual location alternative and doesn’t require that you jailbreak the device. It can also safely teleport your device to a new location or simulate GPS movement more easily using the GPS Joystick.
Its key features include the following:
- Spoof to anywhere in the world, so you can play location-based games without walking
- Easily simulate GPS movement along real roads
- Ideal for apps like Pokémon Go, Life360, Bumble, Tinder and more
- More special features such as realistic mode, adding routes or place to favorite list, and more make it a good choice.
Here’s how to use MockGo to change the location on your iOS device:
- Step 1: Download and install MockGo on to your computer. Open the program after installation.
- Step 2: Connect the iOS device to the computer using USB cable. If you connect more than one device, you may need to select the devices one by one.
- Step 3: To change the location on the device, click on the “Teleport” icon and then enter the location in the search bar. Select the location from the search results and click on “Search.”
- Step 4: Click on “Start” in the popup that appears and the GPS location on the device will change to the new location.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location can be a good way to change the GPS location or simulate GPS movement. But it is not without its issues. It is our hope that you now have a way out when Dr.Fone will not work as expected.