You never thought you needed to change the location of your iOS device, but sometimes it becomes the need of the hour.
Be it a privacy concern or a location-based restriction on an app, you find yourself asking: “how do I change the location on my phone?”
The point of location-spoofing is that it is tricky and mind-boggling. Thanks to technology, we were able to find a nice program called 3uTools which lets you fake a location in no time.
Let’s learn more about 3uTools.
What is 3uTools Virtual Location?
3uTools is a program that allows users to manage their devices. 3uTools Virtual Location is an option which lets you set a virtual location on your iPhone, iPad, or any Apple device.
With this tool you can easily bypass the location restriction on your region and use apps to their full extent.
It is especially helpful for iOS users because they do not have many options to change location like Android users.
How to Use Virtual Location in 3uTools
With the Virtual Location option, you can set and show a different location on social media applications.
The restrictions and special features by location are erased with the help of this simple tool.
Here are the steps to set it up on your iOS device:
- Step 1. Install the latest version of 3uTools to any computer or laptop.
- Step 2. Connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Step 3. Authorize the connection between your device and the computer.
- Step 4. Open 3uTools on your computer and select ‘Toolbox’ > ‘Virtual Location’ option.
- Step 5. Enter the coordinates of the location you wish to change to in the search bar. You can easily get coordinates from Google Maps
- Step 6. Click on ‘Modify Virtual Location’ to finalize the process.
- Step 7. The screen prompt will let you know if the process is successful or not.
- Step 8. Keep the screen unlocked during the whole process or else it will fail.
- Step 9. Now open any social media application on your phone and find the pin on your new location.
- Step 10. If you wish to restore the settings to your original location, just click on ‘Restore True Location’ and then restart your device. Restarting the device will also restore the original location.
Reviews of 3uTools Virtual Location
There are mixed reviews about 3uTools on the internet. Some users say they were able to change their location on iOS without jailbreaking the phone or installing a modified application. But this confuses the iOS device and sets the timezone to the new location’s time zone.
In short, this tool works in the same way as the iSpoofer, but without stimulating movement. In games like Pokemon Go, stimulating movement is a big feature you require from a location spoofing application. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the 3uTools app.
Some users even when they play casually using 3uTools got a 7-day rare Pokémon ban warning. It means that the Pokemon Go developers are easily catching people who used 3uTools to spoof their location.
Getting a hit from the app means they know that you are changing the dynamics of how you play Pokemon Go. So even if you are not using the tool every day of the week, you will get a warning from Pokemon Go.
Some users are also reporting that the tool has stopped working recently and does not work like it used to before. For some, the app does not open anymore (it is down) and even if it does open, it does not do anything in the Virtual Location department.
Worth Trying 3uTools Virtual Location Alternative
The best alternative to 3uTools Virtual Location is MockGo. This program provides most features that you found in 3uTools and more.
MockGo works well with any iOS device because it is compatible with most versions of iOS software. It is not necessary to jailbreak your phone before using MockGo. It changes your location within a few clicks.
Here are the key features of MockGo:
- It can teleport you to any location within a few seconds.
- Simulate a movement between 2 spots or among multiple spots.
- It provides easier movement on an app with the help of joystick.
- The speeds of movement, joystick and routes can be customized.
- It is best to use with location-based applications like Pokemon Go, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.
- You can import a custom GPX map file to make your routes on the map.
- It does not require jailbreaking your phone.
- It does not require technical expertise to set up.
Is 3uTools for Mac?
The 3uTools suite is made to work with Apple devices, but it is still not compatible with Mac OS. You can use this program on a Windows computer, and it will work fine.
Then you can connect your devices to the Windows computer to make the program work. It is a lightweight program that does not take much space on your computer.
Is 3uTools Virtual Location for Android?
The 3uTools program is not available to use on Android devices. It only works well with Apple devices.
Is 3uTools Virtual Location free?
Yes, 3uTools, along with all its features is free to use. You will get access to this program on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. There is also a data management tool that lets you jailbreak your device in one click.
We hope this post helped you learn how to use 3uTools and its Virtual Location feature. It is a relatively easy way to fake a location on an Apple device.
If your phone is not compatible with 3uTools or the software is not working, we have also provided an ideal alternative in the form of MockGo.
MockGo is a fast and reliable alternative that lets you teleport your device to anywhere in the world.
And when you want to bring the old location back, you just have to restart your device or reboot through the computer application.