Love playing Pokémon GO? Wish there was a way to catch every Pokemon? The Pokémon GO Joystick might be just what you need.
What Is Pokémon GO Joystick
The Pokémon GO Joystick is a module that allows you to move around by simulating your physical presence. With just a button’s push, you can navigate in any direction.
Visit supermarkets, restaurants, etc., to catch all those rare Pokemons – without actually leaving your couch or bed.
With the module not officially packaged into the game, third-party developers and apps are ready to equip you with a Pokemon GO Joystick.
This is where you need to be vigilant. A wrong move here could get your account bad, pouring cold water on your quest to become THE Pokémon GO player in your circle.
Fortunately, some methods allow you to perform the Pokemon GO Joystick hack without trouble. With the joystick unlocked, you can hatch eggs in Pokemon without physically moving.
Keep reading to learn how to spoof your location in Pokémon GO to get the ultimate playing freedom and edge.
Pokémon GO Joystick Hack for iOS
Manipulating your Pokemon location on iOS is pretty simple if you have the right app at your disposal. MockGo is a neatly built app that sets up a new virtual GPS location for your device anywhere you want in the world.
What this means is that you can hop across entire continents (if you wish so) with this app while sitting in the comfort of your room.
MockGo's Main Features
- Change location to anywhere in the world.
- Virtually simulate movement along the desired route.
- Initiate automatic GPS movement with the joystick.
- Perform manual GPS movement with the joystick.
To tweak your GPS movement with a joystick or keyboard, simply follow these instructions:
How to Use MockGo to Play Pokémon GO with Joystick
Step 1. Download the MockGo app on your computer and proceed with installation.
Step 2. Click on the "Start" button.
Step 3. Use a USB to connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC.
Step 4. Search for your desired location in the world map to set it up as your new spoofed virtual location.
The app will now integrate a joystick at the bottom left of the screen, allowing you to control GPS directions in different modes.
From here, you can use the joystick in either the automatic or manual fashion as per your preference.
Automatic GPS Movement
- Click the start button in the middle of the joystick arrows to begin automatic movement.
- To change direction and make move, click the right or left movement arrow in the joystick.
- Now click and drag the point on the circle surrounding the joystick.
- Press A and D keys on the keyboard
- Press the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard.
Manual GPS Movement
To perform manual movements, you will have to continue clicking the joystick in the desired direction. If using the keyboard for movement, hold the W or up key for forwarding movement and the S or down key for reverse movement. The above-described steps will also work to change directions as you go along.
Pokémon GO Joystick for Android
Installing the Fake GPS Joysitck software and enabling the Mock location option used to be all we needed to start spoofing.
However, Niantic now detects spoofing whenever the mock locations checkbox is activated. To avoid this, you must install the Pokemon GO Android hack App either by downgrading your phone or by rooting and changing the app to a system app, or you do not need to do anything at all, depending on your Android version.
Preparations before Using Fake GPS App
Go to Settings App > About Phone > Check Android Version to see what version of Android your device is running.
For Android 6, 7 and 8: Without Root
- Downgrade Google play services. ( 9,10,11 etc. don't work with this method, also some Android 8.1 versions with Google play services 12.8.x that can't be downgraded)
For Android 8.1 to 9: Root with Magisk
- Follow this guide to figure out is how to unlock your boot loader first. Google: your device name + "unlock boot loader")
- Read this guide on how to enable expert mode for Fake GPS to work with this method on Android 8, 9
- If you don't want to leave the device rooted you can follow the steps in the above video and then use this video or any other video like it to uninstall Magisk.
For Android 10, 11 and above: Use Smali Patcher
- You don't have to transfer the fake gps routes app to the system folder with smali patcher
- YouTube tutorial
- Smali Patch written tutorial
How to Use Fly GPS to Spoof Location
Fly GPS is a popular third-party app that enables players to spoof their Pokémon GO location. The app is popular among Android users and works remarkably well for location manipulation purposes to get the most out of your Pokémon GO sessions.
Like MockGo, Fly GPS comes with an on-screen joystick that you can use to control and adjust your location while playing Pokémon GO.
With Fly GPS, users can easily perform the following functions:
- Move around an area without actually walking using only the joystick.
- Capture Pokemon near your area.
- Visit the PokeStop to obtain new items.
- Visit the gyms in the city
All the functionalities mentioned above become available with Fly GPS without requiring you to perform any physical movements whatsoever.
After you have set up the preparations, simply follow the steps below to spoof your location successfully:
Step 1. Download the latest version of Fly GPS on your Android and install it on your device.
Step 2. After the app has finished installing, enter the Developer Mode on your device by following these steps:
- Navigate to "Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on the "About Phone" option.
- Find your device's "Build Number" and tap on it multiple times (takes about seven consecutive taps) until the message "Developer mode has been enabled" pops up.
Step 3. Now, you must enable mock locations in your device:
- Once again, go to "Settings".
- Scroll down to find the "Developer Options" menu and tap on it.
- Under the "Debugging" section, look for "Mock location app" and tap on it.
- Select "Fly GPS" when the popup window appears.
Step 4. Go to "Settings" and tap on "Location.”
Step 5. Enable Location and change the GPS/Locating mode to "Low Accuracy" or "Only GPS.”
Step 6. If "Location History" is not already turned on, please make sure to turn it on.
Step 7. Now, go ahead and launch the FLY GPS app. Initially, the app will show you the actual location you are based in on the map, using your device's GPS.
Step 8. To spoof your location, tap on any area nearby you on the map. Then use the joystick on the bottom left corner to control your movement.
Note: Make sure to stay near your actual location because you can receive a ban if the server admin detects the use of a joystick hack. Spoofing locations too wildly makes it easy for the server to suspect foul play.
- After you've marked the location on the map, tap on the "Please select the menu" popup message.
- In the next popup that appears, select "GPS Service Run.”
- Another popup will open now and you will have to tap the option that says "Joystick Location Mode – (Pokemon)".
- Your new spoofed GPS location is now successfully set up and you can now use the joystick to roam around Pokémon GO.
- Finally, launch Pokémon GO on your Android and observe how your Pokemon character now appears in the location you selected earlier on the Fly GPS app.
Precautions to take while Using Joystick
You're probably aware of the three-strikes rule for all Pokemon GO players. It implies that you can get permanently banned after three warnings if you're found using cheats to play the game.
Here are a few important precautions that can protect you from getting a ban:
- When transitioning from v1.x to 2.x, make sure to clear data before using the updated app. Also, ensure to enable "Allow mock locations" before launching the app.
- If you're experiencing troubles fighting/capturing Pokemons, configure location mode to "Device only.”
- It's better to set the speed to slow when searching for Pokemons in order to allow them enough time to spawn in a given location.
- Don't select a spoofed location too far from your real location to avoid risking a ban.
- Avoid changing locations in a short period.
- If you get the "GPS Signal Not Found,” move the arrow keys in the joystick and the warning should go away.
- Still getting "GPS Signal not found" error? Try closing and relaunching Pokémon GO.
There are a lot of misconceptions out there regarding the use of location hacks and people getting banned. The truth is, if you take the necessary precautions, you can easily hack your way through Pokémon GO without any problems.
Hacks like location-spoofing have made Pokémon GO more fun and accessible to all kinds of players. With the use of third-party apps like MockGo and Fly GPS, it is now extremely simple for players to spoof their location and enjoy Pokémon GO to its full potential – unrestrained by physical boundaries.
What are your favorite joystick hacking apps for Pokémon GO? Let us know in the comments below.