Catching rare Pokémon remains the greatest satisfaction when playing Pokémon Go. But most players swear that it is increasingly becoming more difficult to catch these rare Pokémon.
A lot of factors including weather conditions, spawning rotation, seasons, and even unique biomes have to come into play before you can even get the chance to catch these rare Pokémon.
To help you out, this article will list some of the rarest Pokémon out there and tips on how you can increase your odds of catching them.
Where Are the Rarest Pokémon in Pokémon Go for 2021?
There are Pokémon that can only be found in specific regions around the world, meaning that you will not be able to get them unless you are in that location. They include the following;
- Heracross (Southern U.S. and South America)
- Corsola (Around the Equator)
- Torkoal (Southern Asian)
- Tropius (Africa, Southern Spain)
- Relicanth (New Zealand)
- Pachirisu (Alaska, Canada, Russia)
- Mime Jr. (Europe)
- Chatot (Southern Hemisphere)
- Carnivine (Florida and South Carolina)
- Pansage (Asia Pacific)
- Pansear (Europe, Africa, India, Middle East)
- Panpour (North and South America)
- Throh (North America, South America, Africa)
- Sawk (Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australasia)
- Maractus (Southern U.S. and South America)
- Sigilyph (Albania, Egypt, Greece, Israel)
- Bouffalant (NYC and surrounding areas)
- Klefki (France and areas of Europe bordering France)
Where to Find the Rare Region-Specific Pokémon
There are also some Pokémon that are region-specific, meaning that unless you are in that region you can’t find or catch them. This makes them some of the rarest Pokémon. The following are just some of them;
- Mime only found in Europe.
- Kangaskhan – Only Found in New Zealand and Australia
- Farfetch'd- Only Found in Asia, although they can be hatched from eggs in other areas
- Tauros - Only Found in North America
- Heracross- Found in Latin America, Florida, Texas.
- Corsola- found in Tropical areas near water.
- Relicanth - New Zealand and nearby islands.
- Illumise - North America, South America and Africa
- Volbeat - Europe, Asia, and Australia
- Zangoose- North America, South America, Africa
- Seviper - Europe, Asia, Australia
- Lunatone- Europe, Asia, Australia
- Solrock -North America, South America, Africa
- Tropius - Africa and the Mediterranean
Rarest Pokémons Which not Tied to Any Location
Axew is a small dragon-type Pokémon that evolves twice; first into Fraxure and then into Haxorus. If you are lucky, you can find in the wild, although you can also find it from hatching a 10km egg.
Unown is Gen II Psychic-type Pokémon that is very rare in the wild. It is also quite different since it presents in a variety of styles, each representing a letter of the Latin alphabet.
They are very hard to find and even harder to catch. You cannot get them from evolution and they can’t be hatched, making them among the rarest in the game. They will however spawn during some events and even then, only certain letters.
Tirtouga and Archen
Since Tirtouga and Archen are fossil-type Pokémon, most people expect them to be very rare. You can technically find them in the wild, but you will not see them very often.
They have also been in eggs before, although they aren’t always in the egg pools. Archen can be available as part of the Legacy 40 special research. But you can only access this research if you reach level 40 before raising the level cap.
Chimecho is a psychic-type Pokémon that awards 1000 Stardust when caught. But as you can probably guess, it is not easy to find, let alone catch.
It loves windy weather, which could be a clue on where you can find it in the wild. It can be evolved from Chingling, but it doesn’t have a further evolution.
How to Spoof the Locations of Rare Pokémons
Now that you know where to find the rarest Pokémon in 2021, it is time to find the best tool that you can use for the purpose of spoofing. One of the best desktop tools that you can use to spoof to one of the locations above is MockGo.
With MockGo you can change the location on any iOS device by simply connecting the iOS device and entering the new location that you want to use.
To use MockGo to change the location on your iOS device to the places of rare Pokémons, follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Download and install MockGo on to your computer. Run the program and then connect the iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Once the program detects the device, you should see a map on the next page. Click on the Teleport icon and then enter the location in the search box at the top. Select the location when it appears.
Step 3: Click the Move Here button, then the GPS location your device will change to the preferred new location and you can go ahead and continue to catch Pokémon in the new location.
Now you know the best place to find the rarest Pokémon in 2021. The most prime locations for the rarest Pokémon are constantly changing. Use the ones above as fast as you can and with MockGo you can switch from one location to another.
Keep in mind that rare Pokémon are constantly changing and region-specific ones are also rotated all the time. The best way to stay informed on rare Pokémon is to keep playing the game and corresponding with other players in other regions.
You might also be able to find and catch rare Pokémon using location spoofing tools such as MockGo we introduced in the upper content.
Share your thoughts on these locations with us in the comments section below. We’d love to know the type of Pokémon that you caught. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.