There is a new Pokemon in another location and you want to capture it, and one of the best option is to spoof your location in the game and teleport to the location that has the new Pokemon to capture it.
3uTools virtual location is one of such Pokémon GO spoofing tools. However, according to some users, 3uTools virtual location fails to work sometimes.
This is why this guide comes in. In this guide, we have listed all the troubleshooting tips to fix 3uTools virtual location not working issue.
What is a 3uTools virtual location?
Fake your current location by using the 3uTools free virtual location mod. This mod helps you to change up your GPS coordinates on your smartphone or tablet. This tool is used in games like Pokemon Go to teleport your character to a new location.
It can also be used for testing purposes. It is a free tool with a user-friendly UI. It also gives you the option to change back the GPS position.
Specific 3uTools virtual location not working issues
1. The map of 3uTools virtual location fails to load
If you're encountering the issue where the 3uTools virtual location fails to load the map. Then, you need to make sure the network connection you're using is normal.
3uTools uses Google Maps and OpenStreetMap as their API source. You can switch in between the maps to check if the map loads. By default, the map used by the tool is OpenStreetMap.
2. 3uTools failed to modify the virtual location
Check your iPhone is properly connected to the PC before using the 3uTools virtual location. The 3uTools automatically detects if an iPhone is connected to the PC.
If the tool fails to change the location on your device. Then, you can fix it by performing the following actions below:
- The dependent components are automatically downloaded to make sure the components are successfully installed on your computer.
- The virtual location mod is temporary. It can take around 2 days for an iOS 12 device. It will take 3 to 6 hours if you're using a device with iOS 13 or up.
- Check to see if the coordinates entered in the search field are valid or not.
- The screen of the iPhone should be unlocked when using the virtual location to change the GPS coordinates.
3. Safety issue of the 3uTools virtual location
We have seen some comments on the Reddit forums about the safety of the 3uTools. There are some instances where the Pokemon Go players are getting detected even when using the modded Pokemon Go games.
So we can conclude that the 3uTools works with the apps and games. But they're not safe as catching you using the tool can result in a soft or permanent ban from the app.
However, if the problem still exists then you can use an alternative tool to 3uTools virtual location.
Other Useful tips to fix 3uTools virtual location not working
1. Try a 3uTools virtual location alternative: MockGo
There is a better alternative to 3uTools virtual location software to change your GPS coordination. The alternative tool is MockGo by the trusted Foneazy. The tool is compatible with Apple devices and supports most of the latest updates on iOS.
You don't need to jailbreak your device in order to use the MockGo tool. You can change your GPS coordination with just one click. There are many key features of the tool such as:
- In a single click, you're teleported to your new location within seconds.
- The joystick and keyboard allow you to easily move and control your avatar.
- Highly customizable options which you can use to change the direction, routes, and movement speed.
- Widely used with WhatsApp, Facebook apps, and games like Pokemon Go (which uses the device's GPS feature).
- Import GPX map files that customize the routes on the map.
To use the MockGo software on your PC follow these steps below:
Step 1. Download the MockGo software on your computer. Next, launch the installer and install it.
Step 2. Once the app is installed, proceed to open the app by clicking on the MockGo icon. Connect your iPhone or any iOS device to the computer using your lightning cable.
Step 3. You will be able to see your current location displayed on the map. Choose any of the modes available like Teleport mode or Multi-stop mode.
Step 4. Look up your destination by using the search bar. To begin searching, click on the Teleport mode icon and enter the location in the search bar. MockGo also suggests the available locations that you can choose from.
Step 5. Lastly, on the popup window click on the Move Here button after locating your destination. If the multi-spot mode is selected then you need to choose multiple locations and customize your movement speed.
2. Restart the software
If you do not want to use the alternative software. Then, you can try fixing the problem by restarting the 3uTool Virtual Location software.
This can happen if the software has trouble with a different program or it did not start up properly. So a restart can usually fix the issue and resolve the problem.
3. Shut down and restart your computer
Restarting the software, 3uTools Virtual Location does not work then we can reboot the computer. After you've successfully rebooted/restarted the computer, you can launch the 3uTools to check if the problem still exists or has been resolved.
4. Use the Internet to find help
If the problem is not fixed then you can probably find the solution over the internet. There is a likelihood that someone else has the same problem. You can begin by checking in the following places:
- Search for the right answers - Use Google, Duckduckgo, Bing, or any other search engine to find the answers. When searching for the answer, your query should include the software name, version, the problem, and how it occurred. If there is an error message then search for the exact error message.
- Look up information on the official website - Many of the software programs have a FAQ page or a thread to answer queries. You can go to the vendor page and look up ways to contact them, via email, Facebook, WhatsApp, or even a call. Let them know the error you've encountered and wait for the response.
- Check on blogs or third-party tech sites: There are many blogs and articles on third-party websites like Reddit that can assist you with finding the right solution to your problem.
5. Uninstall the software, then reinstall it.
If all fails. then the best solution is to just uninstall the software and then install it back again. There are many reasons why you would consider uninstalling and then re-install the software, for example, if an important application file is accidentally deleted, updated, or got infected.
Many Windows software programs use the DLL (Dynamic Link Library) to perform actions. Most of the apps will use a similar DLL file. So for instance, if a program is removed from your system there is a chance that the deleted DLL is used by another software. Thus, it can result in other programs acting strange or not working properly.
This can also happen if the DLL file is updated. To make sure that your program has all the necessary files to function. You can install and then re-install the program. Even when uninstalling, the program can leave a residue in the form of files.
So the best solution is to check the default Program Files folder - mostly located in the C drive - and deleting the old files. You can also check if the software has a new update or version before reinstalling it. Usually, developers release bug updates and patches to fix the problem you've encountered.
3uTools virtual location software is a good program that can help you change your GPS coordinates. You can use the software on different geo-location-based apps and games.
However, the 3uTools virtual location program is not reliable as many have encountered problems with it. Therefore, you can use alternate software to change your location on your iOS device. The software is MockGo that is much faster than the 3uTools.
You can also try other methods to fix the 3uTools like reinstalling the program or restarting your computer.