iPogo is a special program that allows you to change your iPhone or iPad’s location without physically having to move. This is extremely helpful for games that rely on your device’s geolocation, like Pokémon Go.
To install iPogo on your iOS device, however, you’ll need to sideload it. But what is sideloading? Simply put, it is the process of installing an app not found in the Apple Store onto your iOS device.
As you may imagine, this can get tricky as Apple usually doesn’t allow this. To bypass this issue, you can use a sideloading tool to trick Apple into thinking that iPogo is a legitimate app with a valid certificate.
However, this is not a permanent solution since Apple is very strict when it comes to app legitimacy, so you may need to reinstall any sideloaded apps repeatedly.
With all that in mind, let’s get started!
How to Install iPogo using Sideloadly
As the name suggests, Sideloadly is a sideloading tool. As such, it can help authenticate iPogo as a legitimate app for your iOS device.
You will need access to a computer for this, and you will only be able to use your iPogo app for seven days before Apple revokes its certificate. Once this happens, you will need to reinstall the app again.
Sideloadly is easy to do, does not require you to jailbreak your iOS device, and there are only a couple of steps for you to follow.
So if you're still interested, here are the steps in using Sideloadly:
- Download and install Sideloadly on your Windows or macOS computer.
- Download the iPogo IPA file onto your computer as well.
- Once done, launch Sideloadly on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Next, enter your Apple ID.
- Drag the iPogo IPA file to Sideloadly.
- Once that’s done, click “Start”.
- Next, enter your Apple ID password.
- Wait for the installation to finish. You may need to enter your Two-Factor Authentication during the process.
- After the installation has finished, head to Settings > General > Device Management and trust the installer.
Sideloadly is straightforward and convenient to use. You will only need to install the app itself and then follow a couple of steps before you’ll be able to legitimize your desired applications. And, again, it comes at no additional cost to you.
Failed to Install iPogo using Sideloadly?
There are times when using Sideloadly to install iPogo fails. Since there are multiple reasons this may happen, it might take ages for you to find the real culprit.
Fortunately, there are ways to remedy this problem regardless of the cause. Some simple solutions are to:
- Delete the IPA file from your computer and download it again. This is in case the IPA file you originally downloaded was corrupted for one reason or another.
- Reinstall Sideloadly on your computer. An error may have occurred during Sideloadly’s installation process, stopping it from functioning properly.
- Try to restart your computer. This is a catch-all fix for any technical error you may be experiencing.
Try Other Ways to Download iPogo
If, for whatever reason, Sideloadly isn’t working for you, don’t fret. I’ve compiled a short list of alternative options you can utilize instead.
Each item offers a slightly different method, ranging from free yet limited use, to yearly subscriptions you have to pay for. Choose whichever option works best for you.
Directly installing the app on your Apple device is one of the easiest methods to do. It's free, too! However, iPogo’s certificate will get revoked by Apple from time to time, so you won’t be able to open it until their certificate gets renewed.
Another convenient method is to use Signulous to install iPogo. You will need to pay a yearly subscription of $20, but it's worth it because it's one of the most reliable methods.
This is a more permanent option as opposed to the other methods’ limited-time usability.
Rickpactor is a tool used to install apps from appdb.This is a similar method to Sideloadly, albeit even more complicated because there are additional steps that you need to follow.
Just like Sideloadly, this is free to use and allows you to install and use iPogo for seven days before it gets revoked.
Jailbroken smartphones refer to devices that have had their software restrictions removed. As a result, you can download applications from markets and play stores that are outside of the usual service provider onto them.
If your iOS device is jailbroken, then you may opt to do a different method specifically for such devices. This is free and reliable, needing only a jailbroken device as a prerequisite.
Or try an iPogo alternative
Let's set aside Sideloadly for a minute to focus on the actual app you're thinking about using it on, iPogo.
As an app, iPogo may be good and convenient, but there will be times when you will encounter problems. In a worst case scenario, it could even get your Pokémon Go account banned.
The difference is you'll have to pay to use it. Luckily, it offers a trial version so you can test the waters first before deciding if it's worth spending any money on.
Here’s how to use MockGo for your iOS device:
- Download and install MockGo on your computer.
- Next, connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- Press “Start” on the main window to start the spoofing process.
- Click the “Teleport” icon found on the upper-right of the screen.
- Next, enter the location you’d like your GPS location to go to.
- Press “Go”.
- After the map has shown the entered location, press “Move Here” to teleport to your selected location.
There are many ways to successfully install iPogo on your iOS device. You can use the tried and tested Sideloadly, or you can go for the many other alternatives available on the internet.
Additionally, you can even use a completely different tool to change your location if iPogo isn’t working for you.
As always, leave a comment down below if you have any more questions or suggestions.