You want to have ice cream with friends after school, but your parents will find out. Or you need to help someone out on the road without freaking out your parents, who are tracking you on Find my Friends in real-time.
In all cases, one wonders: “What if I could change my device’s location for some time?”. Well, it’s possible to do in real life.
If you wish to turn the location details off or fake location on Find my Friends without anyone finding out, below are some tools you can use.
Fake Find My Friends Location without Jailbreak with MockGo
The first tool that you should use to fake location on Find My Friends is MockGo iPhone location changer. Millions of people around the world use the app as it easily helps you change your location within minutes.
Once you change the location, any application which uses GPS will immediately shift to your newly faked location. So you can not only spoof location on Find my Friends but also on apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, WeChat, etc.
Follow the steps below to change location with MockGo:
1. Download and install MockGo on your computer and click the Start button to launch the program.
2. Connect your device to the computer and authorize the connection.
3. In the top right corner of the screen, click on the ‘Teleport Mode’ option. Next, put your desired location on the search bar.
4. Click on ‘Move Here’ to take your device's GPS to this location and you can shift in real-time.
Disconnect your device from the computer. Your phone will now show the new location on all location-based applications. Find my Friends on your phone and you will see that the pin will show a new location.
Fake Find My Friends Location with iTools
Apple makes it hard for users to fake their location on their devices. However, there are applications to help you achieve this feat. But all location spoofing apps are costly and require you to pay up a price.
There is one commercial program called iTools which is a godsend for Apple users. iTools is packed with a lot of features, but we will discuss the location spoofing feature today.
iTools is to be downloaded on a desktop or laptop computer. Then you connect your phone to the computer to move on to the next steps. Once you have iTools on your computer, these are the steps that follow:
1. In the iTools panel, click on the Toolbox icon and open the Toolbox panel.
2. Click on the Virtual Location button on the panel.
3. A map will open up and you will see a search bar on the top. Enter your desired location in this bar.
4. Click on ‘Move Here’ to finalize the process and change your location.
5. Disconnect your phone because now it will show your new location on Find my Friends.
6. If you wish to end the spoofing, click on ‘Stop Simulation’ in the iTools panel.
Fake Find My Friends Location with GFaker
If applications are not your thing, try a physical location spoofing device. Meet Gfaker, a little revolutionary device designed to make your phone’s GPS software some competition.
You do not need to jailbreak your phone in order to spoof the location on Gfaker. Gfaker works for iOS devices, but it is a little costly option.
However, once it is inserted into your phone, you can change the location coordinates through its connected app.
The software of your iPhone will get an indication from Gfaker as the primary GPS source.
The only con of this tool is its price ( $279.00), but the one-time payment is worth it for many Apple product users.
Change Find My Friends Location Using Another iPhone
A straightforward method of changing your location on Find my Friends is through another phone. If you cannot put your finger on any location-changing app, the solution is in hardware.
In the case of an iOS device, use any other iOS device and install Find my Friends on it. Follow the steps given below:
1. Log out of the Find my Friends app on your main phone. Log in to the Find my Friends app from another phone.
2. Leave the iPhone to the place you want to fake your location at. Your friends and family will think that you are present at the fake location.
This looks like the easiest way to fake your location on Find my Friends, but you need to do this correctly.
If people try messaging you on the app and you do not respond, someone will come and check that you are not present at the location.
Turn Off Precise Location from Settings
It is possible to hide your location from anyone by turning the precise location off in Find My Friends and Messages app. This method is perfect if you do not have an application or a burner phone to fake location.
Turning off the precise location means that people will know you are in the city but cannot see the particular point.
After iOS 14, Apple introduced more privacy by adding the precise location feature. It allows applications to use your approximate location without knowing where you exactly may be.
For example, the news app knows you are in a city but does not know which precise location.
So if you are okay with your friends knowing your city but not the exact location, here is what you need to do:
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app on your phone
2. Select the ‘Privacy’ option
3. Go to ‘Location Services’
4. Tap ‘Find My Friends’
5. Tap on the toggle next to ‘Precise Location’ so it’s not green anymore
When you deselect a precise location, your friends and family will have a general idea of where you are.
So this method will not hide your trip out of town but will confuse the family about your presence in the school or a friend’s house.
This feature makes it look like you have not changed your location for someone who set up alerts for you changing a location.
These are all the steps you can take to change your location on the Find my Friends app. We have listed the best tools and devices for you to pick the most convenient option. All these methods are tried and tested by many people around the world and cover all GPS-based apps on your phone.