If you are avid WhatsApp user, you may be familiar with the live location feature that allows you to share your GPS location with your friends.
While this feature pulls your location from the device’s GPS, there are ways that you can manipulate it and get your friends to see the location you want them to see.
This is a guide that will show you how to send a fake live location using one or more of these ways.
Reasons to Share Fake Live Location on WhatsApp
There are a lot of reasons why you would want to send your friends a fake live location on WhatsApp. The following are just a few that come to mind:
- When you’re out partying with your friends and you don’t want your family to know
- When you want to surprise a close friend
- As a way to prank your friends
- When you want to get uninterrupted rest or sleep
Whatever the reason, the following are some of the options you have when it comes to faking live location in WhatsApp:
Send Fake Live location on WhatsApp on iPhone
If you want to fake location on your iPhone without jailbreaking the device, your best option to send fake live location on WhatsApp for iPhone is MockGo.
This is an iPhone GPS changer that allows you to telport the GPS location on your iPhone and simulate the movement of the GPS, making it ideal for location-based games like Pokémon Go and social media platforms like WhatsApp.
- Easily change your location to anywhere in the world in a single click
- Simulate GPS movement along a route of your choosing
- Customize the speed of the simulated GPS movement
- Save the history of the locations you use for future use
Here’s how you can use MockGo to send a fake live location on WhatsApp:
Step 1: Download and install MockGo onto your computer.
Step 2: Open MockGo on your computer and click on “Start”.
Step 3: Connect the iOS device to the computer and when prompted, tap “Trust” to allow the computer to detect the connected device.
Step 4: Once the device is connected, you should see a map interface. Click on the 3nd icon in the upper right corner of the screen to use the multi-spot mode.
Step 5: Choose the different spots on the map. You can do that by entering addresses or coordinates. Drag the speed bar to select the speed you want to use. Click “Move Here” to begin the simulated movement along the specified path.
Then you can open WhatsApp and choose send live location to the person you are chatting with.
Send Fake Live Location on WhatsApp Using Android GPS Faking App
You can also fake your live location in WhatsApp on your Android device, by using a third-party spoofing app to change the overall GPS location on your device.
There are a lot of GPS spoofing apps in the market that you can use for this purpose, although we recommend that you use choose one that has the following features:
- The location accuracy should be up to 20 meters
- It has a map that you can use to navigate easily
- It is easy to use and can spoof location quickly
Once you have selected the app you want to use. Follow these simple steps to use it. For the purposes of these tutorial, we are using the Fake GPS Location app, but most work in much the same way:
Step 1: Install the app on to your device from Google Play.
Step 2: Now go to the “Settings” and tap “About Phone.” Find “Build Number” and tap on it 7 times to enable Developer Mode. Then from the Developer Options, tap on “Allow Mock Locations.” Choose the app from the drop-down list.
Step 3: Open the location spoofing app and look for the location you would like to use and then tap “Set Location”.
Step 4: Open WhatsApp and tap on “Share Location.” Choose if you would like to share your current location or your live location and tap “Send.”
Fake Live Location on WhatsApp Using GPS Emulator App
You can also use an App known as the GPS Emulator app to send a fake live location on WhatsApp. Here’s how to do that:
- Step 1: Install GPS Emulator App from the Google Play Store. Then, go to Settings > Developer Option and scroll down to tap “Select Mock Location App.”
- Step 2: Open the GPS Emulator App and type in the fake location that you want to use in the search bar. Once you are happy with your selected location, tap on the green button at the bottom.
Now go to WhatsApp and tap Location > Share Live Location to share this fake location with your contacts.
As you can see from the different options above, sending a fake live location via WhatsApp can be done with the right tools. Select a solution that suits your needs and requirements and follow the steps to implement it.