Need a tool that can easily bypass the iCloud Activation Lock? So that you can access all the features of the iPhone?
Then check out Checkra1n iCloud Bypass. The tool is an effective fix for the issue of being unable to bypass the iCloud activation lock.
Checkra1n iCloud Bypass is free to use but is it reliable? Read below to find out how to use the Checkra1n tool, discover an alternative tool, and more.
What is Checkra1n?
A group of hackers exploited a vulnerability in the iOS firmware and called it checkm8. They used a vulnerability in the iOS device to jailbreak the iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Currently, you can jailbreak your iPhone 5S to iPhone X for iOS firmware 12.3 and later.
The team has created an app, Checkra1n, which you can download on a Mac and jailbreak the iOS device by connecting it with a USB.
The process to jailbreak the device is simple and easy. If you like to know about the process, you can visit https://checkra.in/ to check it out for yourself.
The vulnerability the hackers found out has to do with the hardware itself. This is the reason Apple cannot patch it by releasing firmware updates.
They can only fix the solution by physically changing the configuration of the hardware. For this reason alone, the Checkra1n app has become the talk of the town in the cyber defense community.
Is Checkra1n Safe to Use?
You know the Checkra1n tool is used to jailbreak an iPhone but is it safe to use? Checkra1n is a trusted tool for jailbreaking an iPhone, but it is not completely safe.
The dev team has only launched its beta version to the public. Therefore the supported devices of beta 1.0 can be jailbroken.
However, the app is in the beta stage, and bugs still need to be fixed. Some bugs that can affect your iPhone are boot loops, the screen becoming unresponsive, and more.
If you want to use the Checkra1n app, keep a backup of your important files and data.
A successfully jailbroken iPhone by using the Checkra1n app cannot guarantee that the tweaks available for iOS 13 will be ready to use. Devs have announced that the tweaks for iOS 13 will take time to be updated.
Yes, Luca Todesco and his dev team are well-known in the iOS hacker community, but let’s wait for the tweaks to be updated or use an alternative to enjoy your Apple device to the fullest.
How to Use Checkra1n for iCloud Bypass
Requirements Before Using Checkra1n
Before we begin installing and using the Checkra1n app, we need to fulfill some prerequisites. They're necessary if you want to install the tools properly.
- First, you need a Mac. An app version for Windows is not currently available.
- iTune’s latest version needs to be installed on the Mac.
- iPhone must be updated to iOS 12.3 or above.
- The devices supported are:
- iPad 2, iPad Mini (1st generation, iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd generation) – A5 and A5X
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPad (4th generation) – A6 and A6X
- iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPhone 4S – A7
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPad Pro – A9 and A9X
- iPad (2018, 6th generation), iPad (2019, 7th generation), iPhone 7,iPhone 7 Plus,iPad Pro, iPad Pro 2nd Gen (2017) – A10 and A10X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X – A11
- iPad mini 4, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus – A8
If you meet all the above requirements then you can install and use the Checkra1n app.
How to Use Checkra1n to Bypass iCloud Lock
Use the Checkra1n to bypass iCloud on iPhone by following the instruction below:
Step 1. Download and launch the Checkra1n tool from its official website.
Step 2. Install two more tools, usbmuxd and brew. You can enter the following commands in the Terminal app:
- /usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install…)”
- brew install usbmuxd
Step 3. Launch the Checkra1n tool.
Step 4. Connect the iPhone to your Mac and jailbreak the iPhone.
Step 5. Create a tunnel with the help of usbmuxd iProxy tool and change the Port 2222 to Port 44 (if this port fails then use Port 22) by using these commands:
- iproxy 2222 44
Step 6. Launch a new Terminal Window by pressing the Command + T key. Then enter the following commands:
- ssh [email protected] -p 2222
Step 7. Patch the systems setup file and move the location with these commands:
- mount -o rw,union,update /
- mv /Applications/Setup.app /Applications/Setup.bak
- rm -rf /Applications/Setup.app
Step 8. Enter these last two commands to clear the setup file cache and stop the springboard process:
- uicache -all
- Killall backboardd
You have now successfully bypassed the iCloud activation lock by using the Checkra1n tool. You wouldn't encounter any problem with the process if you exactly follow the instructions.
The Limitation of Using Checkra1n iCloud Bypass
There are limitations to the Checkra1n app. These limitations are the following:
- Not all iPhones are supported. Only iPhone 5s to iPhone X is supported.
- Any iPhone running firmware below iOS 12.3 is not supported.
- iPads and iPods support is limited.
- To use the app you would have to jailbreak your iPhone which can result in malware attacks or damage.
Bypassing iCloud with the Checkra1n app can result in the following functions not working:
- SIM signal
- Add a new iCloud account
Though the Checkra1n app is effective in bypassing iCloud. But with the limitations, you might reconsider using it.
Alternative Way to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock
An alternative tool to unlock the iCloud activation lock is to use the Unlockit tool. The tool jailbreaks your iPhone and bypasses the activation lock.
You can also make phone calls and add a new Apple ID after the unlock. This tool works on both Mac and Windows systems.
Follow these instructions below on how to use Unlockit to bypass iCloud activation lock:
1. Install the Unlockit tool on your computer and run it.
2. Select the 'Remove iCloud Activation Lock' and start the process.
3. Connect the device to the system and wait until Unlockit jailbreaks the device.
4. Download the jailbreak package and hit the 'Jailbreak' button. Follow the on-screen guide to put the iPhone in DFU mode.
5. Click the 'Remove' button after the process has been completed. Now, Unlockit will start the process to bypass the iCloud activation lock.
You have successfully bypassed the iCloud activation lock and now you can use the iPhone without any problems.
What is a jailbreak?
Jailbreak has only one function: to let the user customize the iOS platform. It's why it became popular among the hacker and tech community.
A jailbroken device gives you advantages like downloading any third-party apps that are not available on the App Store.
In other words, you have the ability to install apps (or tweaks, as they call them) that are in the Cydia repository.
It is similar to downloading a third-party app on Android by using the .apk files (even the app is not available on the Play Store).
This is great, right? Well, actually not. A jailbroken iOS device is at great risk of being attacked and compromising its security.
Apple takes many steps to prevent any malware attacks thanks to its enterprise-grade security; and checking every app for malicious viruses before uploading it to the App Store.
Many users that have jailbroken their iPhones can download and install apps. Apple does not recommend these apps for security purposes.
A service like SSH (Secure Shell) leaves the iPhone at a vulnerable place for any remote attacks if the credentials are not updated.
In 2015, a global attack called KeyRaider affected more than 225,000 jailbroken iPhones. They also managed to steal users' login data for banking and other services.
When will Checkra1n for Windows get released?
Checkra1n apps currently support macOS. However, the developers have announced that they're testing the tool on Windows but are facing issues.
They further said that they would release the Checkra1n tool beta version for Windows at a later time.
You can use the Checkra1n tool to bypass the iCloud activation lock. But due to the complex process of inputting commands and no stable version for Windows, we recommend using the Unlockit tool as a better alternative to Checkra1n.
If you need more information regarding any of the tools to bypass the iCloud lock, please ping us in the comments below.