Catching Pokemons and visiting all those Pokéstops can get tiring quickly. What if you could enjoy some downtime while improving your progress in the game? The Pokémon GO Walking Hack affords you this luxury.
The Walking Hack is a modification that allows you to play Pokémon GO from the comfort of your home. You don’t need to move physically while going after a Pokemon.
This allows you to converse your energy and avoid the harmful situations players find themselves when looking for Pokemons.
There are several ways to perform the Pokémon GO Walking Hack, but we’ll be sharing only those methods that don’t raise a red flag with Niantic.
Keep reading to learn how to play Pokémon GO while staying at home.
Can You Cheat Walk in Pokémon GO?
The Pokémon GO gameplay is based on the player’s physical movement in an attempt to catch Pokemon in the Augmented Reality (AR) world of the game.
Since it requires people to go out looking for Pokemons, the game has caused its fair share of accidents.
There is, of course, a certain degree of danger in walking outdoors through the tunnel vision of your smartphone screen.
A safer way to play the game is by cheat walking in Pokémon GO – a hack that is entirely possible.
However, cheat walking is against the rules of the game. If the game developer, Niantic, finds a player using cheat walking, they can ban the suspected player.
Nonetheless, you can escape suspicions and avoid receiving a ban out of nowhere if you’re careful and use tried-and-tested walking hacks that are safe, effective, and reliable.
1. Pokémon GO Walking Hack via the iPhone GPS Spoofer
A common solution to implement cheat walking on Pokémon GO is by jailbreaking your iPhone. Jailbreaking is a risky undertaking, and it permanently compromises the integrity of your device.
A much better alternative is to use a specialized tool like MockGo. With this tool, you can spoof your geolocation on your iPhone and trick Pokémon GO into thinking you're moving about a city.
In reality, of course, you'll be just manipulating your location from the confines of your home without taking a single step outdoors.
MockGo offers multiple interesting features. The app allows players to select multiple spots to move and adjust movement speed.
You can mimic walking, cycling, or driving with these speed controls, all in the comfort of your home. To use MockGo on your iOS and perform the walking hack safely, here are the steps:
Step 1. Download MockGo for Window PC or Mac. Install the tool and launch it.
Step 2. Use a USB cable to connect your iOS device to your computer and click "Start".
Step 3. You should now see a map with a placeholder on your current GPS position. Click on the 2nd option in the top right corner of the map to simulate movement between two points.
Step 4. On the search bar, search for the location you want to move to, adjust the location pin and then click the "Move Here" button.
Step 5. To start the simulation, enter the number of times you want to move between the two points, select a walking speed, then press "Start".
To move between multiple different points, use the second option in the top-right corner of the map.
Step 1. Once this "multi-stop route" option is selected, you can drop pins on different spots on the map, then click "Move Here" to trace your selected path.
Step 2. Once again, use the slider to control walking speed, select the number of times you want to traverse the selected path, then click "Start" to commence virtual movement.
Now, launch the Pokémon GO app and let MockGo simulate movement between the points selected on the map while you stay home to enjoy the game.
How Fast Should You Walk in Pokémon GO?
The optimal walking speed to hatch a Pokemon egg is around 10 KM/H. If you go faster than this, Pokémon GO will disregard the distance you’ve covered.
Of course, you can go slower, but this will mean that the egg will take longer to hatch. Also, you must keep in mind the speed-lockup that happens if you go over 35 KM/H.
Should I Walk in a Straight Line?
To get the maximum distance, it’s recommended to travel in a straight line as Pokémon GO measures distance in the straight line.
However, it seems that Pokémon GO records distance more frequently (every couple of minutes), so you can change a direction after a couple of minutes without worrying about not covering the maximum distance in the set time frame.
Pokémon GO Walking Hack for Android
Like MockGo, Fly GPS makes it exceedingly easy for Pokémon GO players to simulate movement.
It also offers a joystick to control your Pokémon GO character. The joystick eliminates the need for walking outside to play and enjoy the game.
Fly GPS is easy to set up if you are using an Android 6.9 or above. If the device OS is older than that, things can get a little trickier because you’ll need to root the device to install Fly GPS.
The step-by-step instructions for using Fly GPS to spoof location on your Android are as follows:
1. First of all, you must enable the “Unknown Sources” option on your Android device.
- a. Head over to “Settings” on your Android
- b. Tap on the “Security” option
- c. Find the “Unknown Sources” option by scrolling down and enable it by putting a checkmark.
2. Now you can install the Fly GPS app on your Android phone by downloading it from Google Play.
3. You must now enable the Developer Mode on your Android device as directed as follows:
- a. Head over to “Settings”
- b. Scroll down and tap on “About Phone.”
- c. Now, tap on your device’s “Build Number” various times (about seven) until a message pops up, saying “Developing mode has been enabled.”
4. Now, you can enable mock locations with Fly GPS by following the steps below:
- a. Go to “Settings”
- b. Scroll down and tap on “Developer Options.”
- c. Look for “Mock location app” under “Debugging,” and tap on it.
- d. When the pop window opens, select “Fly GPS.”
5. Navigate to “Settings” once again and tap on “Location” to enable it.
6. Change the GPS/Location method to “Only GPS” or “Low Accuracy.”
7. You must make sure that “Location History” is turned. Please go ahead and enable it now if it isn’t already on.
8. Start Fly GPS app. You should now be able to see your current location on the map.
9. The app will let you choose a fake/virtual location of your device. Tap on a nearby area to change your location.
Pro tip: Don’t choose a fake location too far from your actual location. Doing so can trigger a warning and lead to a ban.
10. After dropping a location pin on the map, tap on the popup saying, “Please select the menu.”
11. Another popup menu will open with three options. Select the first one that says “GPS Service Run.”
12. In the next popup menu, choose the last option that says, “Joystick Location Mode – (Pokemon).”
13. Start the Pokémon GO app on your Android. Your character will appear in the location that you selected earlier on the Fly GPS map.
Why We Don’t Recommend Modified Pokémon GO Apps
Pokémon GO players who use the modified Pokémon GO apps can are more likely to get detected after the game developer collects enough GPS data and puts it up for analysis.
If unusual behavior is spotted after reviewing the player’s GPS data, the player gets detected and warned.
Most users believed that once the “ban wave” was over, that it would be a lot more difficult to get banned. Unfortunately, that’s not true.
The ban is not over and you are still risking your Pokémon GO account when using Pokémon GO tweak hacks.
What's more, the certificates of the modified apps tend to get revoked frequently. If this happens, you have to install a new certificate or create your own certificate, which will interrupt your game process.
Besides, when you use 3rd party app stores to get a modified version of the Pokémon GO game, they tend to inject ads into the game.
Since there are no ads in the original version of the game, this can complicate things and even contribute to getting your Pokémon GO account flagged for unusual behavior as you are forced to watch ads while you play.
Therefore, it’s recommended to not use the tweak version, or use a secondary account that you don’t mind losing.
While Pokémon GO is meant to be played with a full-fledged smartphone, you can also use accessories to catch Pokemon and spin PokeStops when Pokémon GO is not running. Previously, Pokémon GO supported the Apple Watch, but that’s no longer the case.
The good news is that there are still a few third-party accessories that are designed specifically to help you keep playing the game when your main Pokémon GO app isn’t running.
These accessories are:
- Pokémon GO Plus: A wristwatch that uses Bluetooth to sync with your Phone. This accessory will alert you when you encounter any Pokemon and PokeStops.
- Pokemon Ball Plus: This accessory offers the features and functionalities of the Pokémon GO Plus in addition to bonus features for the Pokemon games available on Nintendo Switch.
- Pokémon GO-Tcha: The functionality of Pokémon GO-Tcha offers the same features as the Pokémon GO Plus, with one very important difference. It offers autoplay mode, which will automatically attempt to catch nearby Pokemon and spin PokeStops without user input.
Use Incense that you Get at PokeStops
Why move at all when you can draw Pokemons towards you for easy grabbing?
Using incense is a great way to attract nearby Pokemon to you and catch them as they come. You can obtain incense from Pokestops, the store, or when you level up in the game.
Incense is in the items bag that you can view by tapping the Pokeball at the bottom of your screen.
Once you tap on the incense, you will get a pink cloud surrounding your character. Incense lasts for 30-minutes when used, pulling Pokemon towards you and making them significantly easier to capture without requiring any movement on your part.
Insert A Lure Module
A lure module has an even stronger pull than what the incense offers, making it a great item to use when you want to play the game without leaving home.
You can obtain lures from Pokestops, purchasing them in the store, or when you level up. You can access a lure module from your items bag when you reach a Pokestop.
Unlike incense, an activated lure module brings Pokemon within reach of all Pokemon trainers hanging out at the Pokestop.
When a player activates a lure module, it causes a shower of flower petals on the Pokestop.
There are a lot of ways you can play Pokémon GO without leaving your house. You can use specialized toolkits like MockGo and Fly GPS for Android to simulate movement without walking physically.
Or you can take advantage of third-party accessories and items like incense and lure modules to capture more Pokemon without stepping outdoors.
These options make Pokémon GO more fun and safer to play. What’s your favorite Pokémon GO walking hack? Let us know in the comments below.