If you are a fan of Pokemon GO and can’t get your hands on the ideal tool for location spoofing, you have come to the right place.
People with Android still have an easy time changing their location, but iOS users have it harder. iOS does not hand out an app just like that to let you spoof, so users need to get creative.
This post is going to discuss iPogo, a Pokemon GO spoofing app to change your GPS location. We also talk about MockGo, which takes Pokemon GO location spoofing to a whole new level.
What Is iPogo?
iPogo is a free application for Pokemon GO and is a modified version of the original game. The application adds tweaks to the iOS version of the Pokemon GO app that’s downloadable from the App Store. This spoofing app lets you play Pokemon GO in an alternative interface with similar features to the original game.
However, iPogo takes the game a step further by allowing users to teleport to a new location and catch new Pokemons there. So Pokemon GO users have a new value-added application to play their favorite game.
You can add teleport to any location on the virtual map, turn on the enhanced throw, modify the moving speed, and do more with the iPogo location spoofer for Pokemon GO. There’s also an option to export and import or tweak settings with just a click.
However, the app requires you to delete the original Pokemon GO app from the device before proceeding with its installation.
How Does The iPogo App Work for Pokemon GO?
You can boost your Pokemon collection ten folds with the help of this wonderful application. However, these add-on features break some rules created by Niantic for Pokemon GO. Here are some features of iPogo that go against the books:
- Play from anywhere: Niantic enables users to play according to their location only. iPogo lets you play from anywhere at any time. All you need is a decent internet connection.
- Spoofing: cheating is a punishable offense by Niantic, and many players are punished every week. iPogo lets you spoof your location, and it does get good download rates.
- Go-plus: iPogo is like a virtual Go-plus to enable you to change your device’s location. However, any safety from Niantic developers is not ensured at any level.
- Third-party: iPogo works like a third-party app as it runs in the background while you are playing the game. Niantic developers can detect this sometimes, and it can land you in hot waters. The punishment is a ban.
How to Install iPogo
You can use iPogo on all non-jailbroken devices with iOS 13 and above. Just like other 3rd-party apps, Pokemon GO++ by iPogo is signed using a revocable enterprise certificate. You can also run this app using a proxy. Here is how you can install iPogo:
- Open the System application of your device
- Choose your WiFi network
- Choose ⓘ > configure Proxy > Automatic
- Enter http://ffapple.com in the URL field and click‘Save’
- Disconnect and then reconnect your WiFi
- Clear the history cache in the Safari browser
Now follow the next steps:
- Download iPogo IPA on your browser of your device
- Tap ‘install’ when the prompt appears: ‘ipogo.app would like to install iPogo’
- You will see the iPogo icon on your home screen
- Go to Settings > General >Device Management
- Trust the newly installed Enterprise Certificate
- Run iPogo for Pokemon GO
At this point, you can run iPogo just like any other app on your iOS device. If the app is not working, it would be because of the revoked certificate by Apple. To make the application work, follow the steps given above another time.
How to Teleport in iPogo
Respecting the timers is the most important thing to do when teleporting in iPogo for Pokemon GO. It all depends on how far you wish to teleport and catch Pokemon. After each time you teleport, calculate the time to use on an in-game action.
Wait out on your cooldown time to use the next in-game action, or else you can get banned. 2 hours is a safe time between teleports to cool down and ensure smooth play.
There is an alternate method called ‘Camping’ in which you stay at the catch screen without throwing a ball at the Pokemon. You can camp based on the time and distance since your last action. The key is to respect the cooldown time.
Otherwise, you won’t be able to catch the Pokemon you like. As mentioned above, 2 hrs is adequate cooldown time and something you will keep a tab on manually after each action.
Will iPogo Get You Banned in 2021?
Location spoofing is the most used feature of iPogo, and Pokemon GO users love spoofing through this app. If you are using iPogo for spoofing, please know that it is risky to do so.
Niantic announces various patch releases to disable players from location spoofing. Pokemon GO players caught spoofing are banned on a 3-strike rule.
- The first strike serves as a warning to players to let them know that Niantic is watching their actions. It is a 7-day strike that lets you know that Niantic is keeping a close eye on your every move
- The second strike is a temporary suspension plan that may lead up to 30 days, depending on the reason.
- The deadliest strike is the last one that leads to direct termination, after which you can permanently lose your account.
If you have received the first strike from iPogo, we suggest that you do not replay using the same app.
It is because Niantic WILL keep a close eye on you and answer the main question: will iPogo get you banned? Yes, it most definitely can.
Is There Any Safer Tool Than iPogo?
You must be wondering if there is a better and easy-to use app to achieve the same goal. To resolve all the former issues, you can get MockGo.
It allows you to teleport to different locations in Pokemon GO or simulate movement on Pokemon GO. The app is iOS friendly for all Apple devices and does not require you to jailbreak.
Compare MockGo with iPogo
||Limited trial features|
|Installation||Difficult to install||Easy to install|
|App stability||Certificate issues||Stable|
|Multi-device control||×||5 devices|
|Nearby Pokemon overlay||√||×|
|Platform||Running on the iDevice||Win 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Mac OS 10.9 or later
|Price||$4.99/Month||1-Month Plan: $9.95
3-Months Plan: $19.95
1 Year Plan: $39.95
Lifetime Plan: $59.95
How to Use MockGo
To change your location using MockGo, download and install MockGo on your Mac or Windows PC, and then follow these steps:
Step 1. Launch the MockGo application on your computer.
Step 2. Connect your iOS device to the system, agree to the terms and conditions and click on ‘Start’.
Step 3. Authorize your system and phone connection and you will see a map like interface on the app.
Step 4. Click on ‘Teleport Mode’ on the top right to change to a new location. You can enter the location of your choice on the search bar.
Step 5. Click on ‘Move Here’ to choose this location as default. You can now remove your phone from the computer and the location will not change to old location.
The next feature is simulate movement through MockGo where you can virtually move to two different spots. Here is how you can achieve this feat through the app:
Step 1. Click on ‘One-Stop Mode’ on the top right corner. This is where you can begin to pick a route.
Step 2. You can also select a speed of movement, to tell Pokemon GO whether you are walking or running.
Step 3. Click on ‘Move Here’ now to let the app know you want to start stimulating movement. You will be able to see the real-time movement on the app.
To simulate movement along different spots, select ‘Multi-Stop Mode’ from the top right section. Drop spots along your route to signal Pokemon GO that you are not cheating. Adjust the location and click on ‘Move Here’ to finalize this route. Click on ‘Start’ to start moving.
This post presented you with tools to play Pokemon GO the way you wish to play. Add-on features always make a game more interesting, but with Niantic, you need to weigh your every move. iPogo is a cool but risky app to enable Pokemon GO spoofing.
MockGo is a nice alternative to iPogo’s limitations, as it is designed not to go over the limits set by Niantic. We hope these tools help you play Pokemon GO on iOS as you like. Stay safe and happy playing, trainer!