If you want to fake the location on your iPad, the best way to do it is to use a location-spoofing app. But most apps that you need to install on the device to fake your location require a jailbroken iPad.
There are some desktop tools that you can use to fake the location without needing to jailbreak the device, but many of them don’t work very well. Here, we will look at some of the most reliable ways to fake the location on your iPad.
Why Do We Need to Fake Location for iPad?
Before we show you the best tools to use to fake your location, let’s first look at some of the reasons why you might want to change your location in the first place. The most common reasons include the following;
- The most common reason why people seek to change the GPS location on their device is so they can access geo-restricted content. Changing your location can help you access content that may not be in your area yet. For example, you may change your location to watch a movie or TV series on Netflix that may not be approved in your country.
- You can also change the location on your device to better understand a location without having to physically go there. This can come in handy when you want to get a better understand of the market for business purposes.
- Dating apps such as Tinder are another major reason why you would want to change your location. Perhaps you want to access new matches in the new area.
- You can also choose to change your location on social media such as WhatsApp to make it seem like you visited a certain location. This can be ideal for the check-in feature on Facebook or when you want to trick your friends into thinking you are somewhere you’re not.
- Changing your GPS location can also be a good way to maintain your privacy, for those times when you just don’t want others to know where you are.
- You can change your location to play location-based AR games like Pokémon Go. By faking the location, you can play the game without moving.
Whatever the reason you want to fake your location, the following are some of the best ways to do it on your iPad;
Fake GPS on iPad with MockGo GPS Spoofer
MockGo is an app that allows you to change the location on your iPad or iPhone in a single click. It is an ideal solution since it is fully compatible with all iPad models including iPad Air, iPad Mini, and iPad Pro.
It also comes with numerous features designed to make the process very easy. Those features include the following;
- You can easily share the fake location with your family and friend on various social media platforms
- It allows you to easily hide your actual location, preventing the device from being tracked
- Switch from one location to another easily, ideal for dating apps and location-based games like Pokémon Go
- Easily access the geo-restricted content on your iPad after changing the location.
Install MockGo on to your computer and then follow these simple steps to change your location on iPad;
Step 1: Launch MockGo on your computer, connect the device to the computer and unlock the device to “Trust” the computer. Click “Start.”
Step 2: Click on the “Teleport Mode” icon in the top-right corner of the screen and choose a destination that you would like to use in the search box. You can also just click on the desired location on the map.
Step 3: Click “Move Here” and the GPS location on the iPad will change to the new location immediately.
Or, Fake GPS on iPad with iTools from ThinkSky
iTools from ThinkSky is another desktop tool that you can use to change the location on your iPad. Like MockGo, you will need to install the program on your computer and connect the iOS device to it to change the location. Here’s how it works;
Step 1: Install iTools on your computer and then open it. Connect the iPad to the computer via a USB cable. You can click on the “Free Trial” button to use iTools without having to pay for the premium version.
Step 2: Click on “Toolbox” in the top panel and select “Virtual Location.”
Step 3: Enter the fake location that you would like to use in the textbox that appears and press Enter
Step 4: The marker should land on the map, indicating the location that you have selected. Click “Here” and the device will be instantly teleported to this new location. If the marker is incorrect, click anywhere on the map to move it.
You can now exit the program. When you need to go back to the actual location, connect the device to the computer again, open iTools, and click “Stop Simulation.”
GPS Spoofing Problems
If you use a location faking tool to fake the location to play a video game, for example, other apps on the device will also be able to access this fake location. For example, the game will show that you are in a fake location, when you open a navigation app like Maps, it will find you need to turn off the spoofing to get an accurate reading.
It also goes without saying that spoofing your location may keep you from accessing the information on your device based on location such as weather or traffic updates.
While faking your location on iPad can be easily done, we recommend staying away from apps that you have to install on your device. They can affect the security of the device since most aren’t available on the App Store and many require a jailbroken device. Stick to the desktop tools we’ve talked about here.