iPogo is an app not found on the Apple Store, you’ll need to get creative to properly install it on your iPhone or iPad, more so to open it. Apple stops unauthorized apps from working by requiring an app certificate.
An app certificate is like an app’s passport, with Apple barring entry to any apps without a certificate. To use iPogo, you’ll need to install it through a different method for it to work.
One such method is called a direct installation. As the name implies, this directly installs iPogo on your iPhone or iPad.
Here’s how you can do it!
What is iPogo Direct Install?
Direct installing, as the name implies, installs iPogo directly on your iPhone or iPad, as you would with an app from the Apple Store. This is the most straightforward way to install iPogo, but is also the most temporary method.
Because Apple authenticates apps on your device through app certificates, this means that an app like iPogo will most likely get revoked by your iPhone, disabling you from using iPogo altogether.
How to directly install iPogo:
- Fully close Pokemon Go on your iPhone or iPad.
- Head to Settings.
- Select “Safari” and clear the cache and browsing data.
- Go to “iPogo Direct Install”.
- Click “Direct Install”.
- Pause the installation process.
- Next, head back to Settings and select “Safari”.
- Once selected, clear the cache and browsing data.
- Turn on your device’s Airplane Mode once the app finishes downloading and before installing.
- After the installation, turn off Airplane Mode.
- Then, head to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Press “Trust”.
- Next, press “Verify App”.
- Head to Settings > Safari, once again and clear the cache and browsing data.
- Open Safari on your device and open at least five different websites.
- Next, turn on Airplane Mode again.
- Launch the Pokemon Go app.
- Turn off Airplane Mode once Niantic shows up on the screen.
As you can see, directly installing iPogo on your iPhone or iPad requires performing a lot of steps, far more than other installation processes for iPogo. It isn’t quite as direct as the name may suggest, and the entire process may not even work at all.
Does iPogo direct install still work in 2021?
Unfortunately, directly installing iPogo no longer works as of 2021. iPogo’s official website recommends using Signulous as an installation tool for iPogo. It directly installs iPogo for you, and ensures that iPogo’s app certificate won’t get revoked by Apple.
However, you’ll need to pay a yearly subscription($20/year), which is arguably a small price to pay to continue playing Pokemon Go and other similar games that make use of your location. Although you’ll need to cough up some money, Signulous offers one of the most convenient installation methods for iPogo.
Here’s how to use Signulous to install iPogo:
- Register your device, making sure to select the “iOS Code Signing” option.
- Wait until you receive a confirmation email.
- Create an account for your device.
- Once you’ve created an account for your iPhone or iPad, log in your account using Safari.
- Install a temporary profile to let us match your account to your device by following the steps.
- On the App Library, look for iPogo.
- Lastly, select Sign App > Install App and wait for the installation to finish.
By using Signulous, you’re able to directly install iPogo on your device without much hassle. Besides being the only paid option when it comes to installing iPogo, it also offers the most reliability.
Will iPogos direct install ever be up and running again?
Directly installing iPogo will most likely never work again. This might be because iPogo’s certificate is being signed by a third-party entity, which makes it easy for Niantic as well as Apple to revoke the certification.
Must-knows when using iPogo for Pokémon Go
Before using iPogo to spoof Pokémon Go, you’ll have to take into consideration the consequences of changing your device’s location in an underhanded manner. This can cause different types of banning, depending on the amount of offenses you’ve done against Pokémon Go.
- Soft Ban: This is the lightest punishment Niantic deals to players that are caught cheating. It only lasts for a couple of hours, during which time you’re not able to catch any Pokémon.
- Shadow Ban: Under this type of ban, you’re still able to perform tasks like hatching Pokémon. However, you won’t be able to catch any rare Pokémon. This ban lasts from a few weeks to three months.
- Temporary Ban: During a temporary ban, you’re suspended from opening your account, and as such you won’t be able to play Pokémon Go until the suspension is lifted from your account.
Any Alternative to Fake GPS on Pokémon Go
If you feel hesitant about using iPogo for whatever reason, then you can use an alternative spoofing tool to fake your device’s GPS location. This is where MockGo comes in.
MockGo is a spoofing program that allows you to change your iPhone or iPad’s location with only a few clicks. Moreover, MockGo offers a seven-day trial period for you to test their services.
Using MockGo to spoof your location:
1. Download and install MockGo on your computer. Launch the program once the installation finishes.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a USB cable, then click “Start”.
3. Next, from the map, click the “Teleport” icon found on the upper-right corner.
4. Enter the location you’d like to teleport to into the search bar.
5. Once the map shows the location you entered, select “Move Here” to change your location.
Check your location on any other app to confirm that you’ve successfully changed your location.
Wrapping It Up
iPogo has many similarities with MockGo. You can opt to use one or the other, depending on your preference. Both tools are reliable and convenient to use, despite the paid subscription.
Doing a direct installation is only one of many methods to install iPogo on your iOS device. Despite its convenience, however, there are a couple of drawbacks that may deter you from doing this method. If you have any complaints or inquiries, don’t hesitate to leave a comment down below.