Want to capture rare and legendary Pokemon in Pokémon GO? Then, you would need to spoof your location to travel to different parts of the world.
We have selected the best fake GPS location apps to help you spoof Pokémon GO location on Android.
Buckle up, because these apps will take you to a whole new dimension, full of characters that you’ve never seen before.
Best Pokémon GO Location Spoofing Apps for Android users
1. Fake GPS Location – GPS JoyStick by The App Ninjas
If you have an overlay joystick controller, you can use it with the GPS JoyStick app from The App Ninjas to mock locations in Pokémon GO.
The best feature of the GPS JoyStick app is the flexible location choices given to the user.
You will have three location hack options to choose from, and from those, you can configure each of them to your liking.
The three location hacks are:
- Manual Location - Use latitude and longitude coordinates to set the mock location manually. You can also use the search function to select the location.
- Current Location: Choose this option if you want your current location to be the mock location. The app will use the in-built device GPS to locate your current position.
- Last Location: This option is best if you want to go to the previously saved location.
- The app also offers amazing features such as changing the settings of the movement speed or moving the character to an already predefined position.
2. Fake GPS Joystick & Routes Go by IncorporateApps
For the low one-time price of $3.99, Fake GPS Joystick & Routes is a spoofing app for Pokémon GO. You can enjoy the game to its fullest with the app's advanced features and operational modes. Some of these modes and features include:
- Joystick movement for manually moving the character.
- Auto-movement of the character to the desired location (within the radius).
- Customize the speed of the character.
- Option to update intervals.
However, there are other features specifically made for the Pokémon GO player. For a better spoofing experience the app has an expert mode. The app can also keep track of all your location in its history that you can access later.
It also has the option to add any custom location to the favorites list, which can be accessed anytime you're playing the game.
3. Fly GPS for Pokémon GO
If you're looking for a free and one of the oldest spoofing location apps. Then, you can check out Fly GPS, which has a large user base. Many Pokémon GO players use this app without any hassle.
This is the reason why many trust this Pokémon GO location spoofing app which is available on Android.
The advantage of Fly GPS is that you have an on-screen joystick available to you when playing Pokémon GO. You can use the joystick for many actions such as:
- Easy navigation for the character on the map.
- Ability to catch all Pokemons who are nearby in the area.
- Go to PokeStop to collect items.
- Visit PokeGyms around the city and battle.
You can perform all these actions from the comfort of your home. You do not need to leave your couch and go out.
The app also has many great features like searching a location, adding your favorite location, saving location history, and more. All of these features help you to catch a rare or legendary Pokemon.
4. Fake GPS Location – Lexa
Lexa has developed one of the best GPS spoofing app, the Fake GPS location app. It has the default tap-and-go location changer that you would expect from a GPS spoofing app. However, it has more to offer with its advanced features.
You can also pair the app with the automation app, Tasker, to automatically generate fake locations. You can hide a specified location in the game. It also gives you the option to search for any location and manually drop a pin on the map.
You can also search a location from the list of past visited places. You can install this app on your android smartphone for free.
6. Fake GPS Location – Hola
Want to hide your IP address while GPS spoofing to avoid getting banned from the game? Then, you would need an all-in-one GPS spoofer and a combined VPN app.
Fake GPS Location app from the developers Hola gives you exactly the app you want. The developer Hola is known for the Hola VPN app, so it was time that they created a GPS spoofing app with its VPN feature.
The app also allows you to search any location from its map viewfinder or the search bar. As an added security, you can erase any location that you've searched.
The app is free to use, but you get more benefits if you're a Hola VPN customer. If you're worried about your privacy, use the app with another VPN provider for added protection.
6. GPS Emulator – RosTeam
Rostam has developed a simple GPS spoofer for PokemonGo players. The app is free to download with a Google Maps viewfinder interface that you can use to fake your GPS location. You can use the search bar to look up any location you want to spoof.
This simple location spoofing app helps you to change your location from point A to point B. It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to use. Drop a pin on a fake location manually with the help of buttons at the bottom of the app.
You can also use these buttons to stop location spoofing. Just like in Google Maps, you can change the view mode from satellite to the terrain. It can help you to find more places to visit.
How to Spoof Pokémon GO on Android Safely
To install the Pokémon GO spoof app for Android safely, we will check two methods for unrooted devices and rooted devices.
Method 1: How to Install the Pokeon GO Spoofer on Android without Root
Downgrade Google Play Services
Pokémon GO developers Niantic has patched the game so that non-root users need to update their Google Play Services. Currently, we don't know which version will work on your phone.
However, there are few versions that you can check and choose whichever is working for you. Install any of the following versions:
It would help if you did the following before we continue to downgrade the device.
Disable Find My Device
Go to Settings and tap on Device Administrator, then uncheck Find My Device from the menu. Now you can install any of the above Android versions and restart your device. Check if you can spoof the location or not.
Find the right version for your Android phone.
Open the Settings and under the Apps menu, tap on All Apps -> Google Play Service, which is going to open a screen.
On the screen, you can check the current version: 16.X.XX (0404XX-XXX)
The numbers that we need are 0404XX. The number can be only three digits 44X for other phone models. You need to enter 0 before the digits. Go to apkmirror.com and select the right Variant for you. The easy way to find your variant is to press CTRL + F and paste the 0404XX digit. Now you can download the version on your smartphone.
How to Stop Google Play from Updating
Google Play will update itself in the background because you've downgraded it. So we want to disable it so that you don't need to downgrade your Google Play version again and again. Follow the guide to disable the Google Play auto-update:
1. Open Settings menu
2. Tap on Apps
3. Tap on Google Play Services
4. Tap on Mobile Data (In other models, it can be labeled as Data Usage)
5. Disable the background data permissions.
6. Now you can proceed to downgrade Google Play Services. Next, disable the Google Play Services storage permissions.
7. Now toggle off the Storage.
8. Go back to Storage from the Google Play Services app info.
9. Tap on the Clear Cache button
10. Now go back to the Settings menu, and from Apps -> All Apps, tap on Google Play Store and press the Disable button.
11. Again, go back to the Settings menu and tap on Apps. Select Show Systems Apps by tapping on the three vertical dots ⋮from the menu.
12. Now tap on the Download Manager and disable it.
13. Reboot your device.
You have now successfully disabled the Google Play auto-update service.
Method 2: How to Install the Pokeon GO Spoofer on Android for Rooted Devices
If you are using a rooted Android device, it is necessary to hide root from Pokémon GO.
1. Open the Magisk Manager app and tap on the Settings icon from the top-right.
2. Activate the Magisk Hide option by toggling on the Hide Magisk Manager. Open the app again to see the Restore Magisk Manager.
3. Restart the Magisk app, and if it prompts you to download the full version, press OK, if you're unable to see the Restore Magisk Manager. Repeat the steps.
4. Tap on the shield icon to see the Magisk Hide option.
5. You will find a list of all the apps that you have installed. Put a Check on the Pokémon GO app.
Now the Pokémon GO app will not be able to detect the phone as a rooted device. If you encounter any error message, go to your Internal Storage and delete any folders named: Magisk and Magisk Manager. Again open the Pokémon GO app to check.
There you have it – a list of all Pokémon GO location spoofers for Android. Feel free to try them out and let us know which app works best for you. Check out our website for more tips and tricks on Pokémon GO.