Pokémon GO is one of the most popular gaming applications of all time. This game quickly rose to fame because of its unique features.
One of the best parts of playing Pokémon GO is that you get to experience augmented reality, a feature that brings Pokemons to our world and turns us into Pokemon trainers.
Since the game heavily relies on your physical location to present its features, players face certain restrictions in gameplay. For example, you cannot catch more Pokemon if you are in a small town.
Due to reasons like this, players often use location spoofing apps to broaden their horizon and play freely. With the help of a reliable location spoofing app, you can catch more Pokemon and become an acclaimed trainer.
Here are the options you can consider for spoofing your location on Pokémon GO:
This desktop application is the easiest tool to change your location on an iOS device. MockGo is a reliable and simple tool that spoofs your location within a few minutes.
It has a user-friendly interface, and you do not need any assistance to run the program yourself.
- You can mock your location through MockGo by connecting your phone through a USB cable to the computer and following instructions.
- There are no limits on the number of locations you can spoof on this application.
- If you cannot find a location on the map, you can enter specific coordinates and find it.
- In most cases, Pokémon GO will not be able to detect that you are using a spoofing application.
- Apart from location spoofing, MockGo also allows you to simulate walking movement between two points, which is a good feature for Pokémon GO users.
Here are some pros and cons one should know before using MockGo:
- You do not need to jailbreak your phone to use MockGo
- The app is very easy to use as you run it
- Walking movement simulation with the realistic mode is a huge benefit of this application
- Support for location history and favorite list
- It supports all iOS devices
- It is only free on the trial version, after which there is a fee
ThinkSky’s iTools is a tool with lots of features that help you run your device like a pro. iTools is also a desktop application.
Once you download iTools, connect your device to the computer and mock your location through the virtual location aspect of the software.
It works as the perfect spoofer for iOS and plays Pokémon GO on a fake location. Here are some features of iTools:
- Launch the map interface, drop a pin where you want to relocate, and the job is done.
- The dropped location will remain on the device even when it is disconnected from the system. You can manually stop the location spoofing from the desktop app once you want to return the device to the original location.
- It works on all leading iPhones and iOS above 12.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of iTools before you go ahead with the download:
- iTools does not require jailbreaking your device to function
- Premium users get unlimited options for location spoofing
- iTools can back up and restore your iPhone data
- it runs on every system version
- Only three location changes are allowed in the free version
- The premium plans start with $5 a month per phone
- The interface of iTools is a little complicated to operate
3. Pokémon GO++
If your device is jailbroken and you need a specific app to run Pokémon GO, then Pokémon GO++ is what you need. You can consider Pokémon GO++ as a tweaked version of Pokémon GO with lots of additional features.
It also allows you to teleport or increase the walking speed. Here are the features of Pokémon GO++:
- This app needs a jailbroken device.
- It is available to download through Cydia or any third-party source such as BuildStore.
- You can manually pin the desired location wherever you want on the map.
- You can get a custom speed for your character.
Here are the pros and cons of using the Pokémon GO++ app:
- It contains a lot of new features that are not present in the original Pokémon GO app
- It allows manual location spoofing
- The app is only intended for Pokémon GO
- You need a jailbroken device to use this app
- Niantic might get your account blocked for using this app
You can use ipogo to spoof your location on Pokémon GO. It also requires a jailbroken device. Following are the features of ipogo:
- This is a desktop application, so you need to install it on your Windows PC and then connect your iPhone to the computer.
- You need a jailbroken iPhone to use and continue spoofing your location on ipogo.
- A map-like interface lets you drop a pin on your desired location in ipogo.
- The location spoofing app is not safe and can be detected by Pokémon GO. If you are caught, your account can get banned.
Now let’s look at the pros and cons of this app:
- It is very easy to use
- It works on all devices running iOS 12.3 and below
- It requires a Windows PC
- It requires a jailbroken device
- It is a subscription app
5. iOS Roaming Guide (Jailbreak Required)
Most iOS location spoofing apps on the App Store are either outdated or full of bugs. iOS Roaming Guide is one of the exceptions as it is hard to detect for Pokémon GO and gets the job done.
Following pros and cons can help you decide if this app is worthy of use:
- iOS Roaming Guide is free to use
- it is very simple and user-friendly
- just drop the pin on the mock location and leave the rest to iOS Roaming Guide
- you can pin your favorite places on this app
- iOS Roaming Guide is not available on the App Store. You can only download it via Cydia, which requires a jailbreak.
Find reviews of other Pokémon GO GPS spoofing tools:
How to Fake GPS for Pokémon GO Safely
You must keep in mind that one should follow a cooldown period to avoid soft bans from the game developers.
Using location spoofing apps frequently leads to a soft ban because Niantic tracks your activity.
The accounts that spend more time spoofing their location get under the radar more than those that use cooldown periods.
Therefore, make sure you take a breather in between the spoofing sessions. This will save you from a soft ban or a penalty from Niantic.
Softban Cooldown Time Chart
1 km 30 secs
100 kms <35 mins
5 km 2 mins
250 km <45 mins
10 km 6 mins
500 km 1 hr
25 km 11 mins
750 km 1 hr 15 min
30 km <14 mins
1000 km 1 hr 30 mins
45 km <22 mins
1500 km 2 hrs
81 km <25 mins
Can Niantic detect spoofers?
Niantic cannot detect spoofers until it detects some unusual location activity from an account. If the account is constantly switching between two locations many times a day, it is basically an invitation for Niantic to take action.
Is Pokémon GO++ safe to install?
You need to choose reliable third-party store to install Pokémon GO++ such as Build Store. The content policy on Build Store states that any app on this third-party store should not harm the device owner.
The apps present on Build Store go through strict checks from the internal team. The company assures that any app available on Build Store is safe to use.
However, Build Store does not accept any responsibility for actions against users from original game developers.
The tools mentioned above should guide you in the right direction for spoofing your location on iOS. If you consider the cooldown time slots and choose an app that matches your device’s settings, you should be able to play Pokémon GO without hassle. Feel free to try out these location spoofers and let us know which does best for you.